Anyone Type 1's Between 18-30 Here?

DiabeticPanda

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yeah the bit after the honeymoon period is tricky but if you get your head around that then things should start to calm down!

I'm having to relearn a lot of things after going onto the pump last year but I think I'm getting the hang of it :) are you on MDI?

Reactions: passittotheleft

Tomb2112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh haha... yes I am now... I was just on 1 injection of lantus during the honeymoon period but since I've been coming out I'm on an injection with every meal :/

DiabeticPanda

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ah sucks but better it happens now so you can start getting used to it ... It becomes second nature pretty quickly

Tomb2112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah I'm quite used to it now.. still a bit of a guessing game on how much to have with what meal, I'm new to carb counting and I still haven't seen a dietician or being on a carb counting course yet :S

ElkBond

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey @DiabeticPanda, as mentioned on your other thread I was diagnosed in feb 2016 at 24.

Just thought I would mention on here to make myself known to others :)

No1DeadlyPoison

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude People.
Animal Cruelty.
Unnecessary Drama.
Heya. I'm Type 1 Diabetic and 23. Have had diabetes for 20 years now. :) How are you? And by your name, I assume you like pandas? Because I also do. Very muchly so! Actually I adore them lol X

kay2409

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi there! I'm 27 and have just had my 9th dia-versary. Have been on a pump for nearly 2 years now. Also have never met a T1 before, plenty of T2's though. Kx

bondj700

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes....
Just wondering if there's a younger crowd here!?

I'm 26 and been type 1 for 10 years but not met many strangely enough!

Hi @DiabeticPanda there is all ages on here including 18-30's (unfortunately at 35 i no longer qualify although don't feel/act it!) and all levels of experience from newbies like myself still honeymooning to guys with their 50 year medals.

Not sure where bouts you are but if you are within traveling distance of London def recommend coming to picnic in park. Last time there was 40+ of us and wide range of ages and was great day. I travel up from Southampton and there were others there from south coast aswell as Norfolk and further afield. Think the furthest anyone came was from Newcastle! Check out the thread in Type 1 sub forum or message @Type1Bri or @ewelina who do an amazing job of arranging the meetups

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/106158/

Kayla23

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Type 1 for nearly 17 years and 25 due to start pumping in 4 weeks really excited but nervous at the same time

Reactions: mhuiz