Type 1 Cheating

mhuiz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone have those cheat days? Which means dabbling into junk foods and if so, how often? Weekly/monthly?

khkwong

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Every year I have a few occasions travel oversea that is during this time I wouldn't control. I ate whatever on the table and I wouldn't measure BG level. Bad practice but I wish to enjoy the local foods in different nations .

Reactions: 4 people

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Not often. Not worth the price. I always say one bad ( wrong ) meal equals three bad days of stupid bs

Been there , done that, not worth it often. Those three days take forever...

Reactions: 4 people

Karenchq

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a couple crisps, popcorn and chocolate now and then. For me, it is discouraging to be militant about carb counting and not living my life worried about every single thing I eat. The key for me is moderation and exercise.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Does anyone have those cheat days? Which means dabbling into junk foods and if so, how often? Weekly/monthly?
Being a type 1 there are no cheat days, as long as you know how to carb count then anything in moderation is fine which is obviously the same for none diabetics.

Reactions: 3 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It depends what you mean by cheating. I always test lots and I always carb count and try to keep my BS in range. But I don't deprive myself of foods. I have a small portion or time when I'm eating the treat so that my BS stays in range.

Tactical bolusing is a great tool :)

Reactions: 6 people

endocrinegremlin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People telling me how to control my diabetes. My health. Isms. People walking their dogs off leads in illegal areas. Meat that bleeds. Late buses.
I have any food I want any time. I count the carbs and I live my life :) Split bolus on mdi. Use pump variations on that.

Reactions: 3 people