A hello from a long term type 1 who is starting again!

Hi all,

Am very new to this so please forgive me if i start to ramble!!

I am clemmie; I am 27 and have been a type 1 diabetic for 21 years. I have been very lucky and not suffered with any comlications, but over the years and combined with other health issues my control has gone haywire. Latest hba1c was 8.9 and rising and am now struggling with new ideas and ways of managing this condition that are very different to what I was taught all those years ago!!

My main query for now is whether anyone else has been fitted with a "cbgm" ??- its a permanent blood glucose monitor that is fitted to your abdomen fpr about 4 days to give about 300 readings.

Looking forward to picking up new ideas and getting to know others who can share similar stories.

Thanks all

Brava210

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not Moaning
Yes I had one fitted about 18 months ago as my levels were very erratic.
I have now started on Pump :)

Gary

Brava210 said:
Yes I had one fitted about 18 months ago as my levels were very erratic.
I have now started on Pump :)

Gary

I think thats the way I am headed too - need to get my act togeher and find out some more info first; seems to be a lot more popular now.

Thanks! :D

kegstore

Dislikes
Unnecessary rudeness, and any PC
Welcome Clemmie, I have CGMS full time and couldn't be without it. Couldn't go back to MDI either. You make the system sound like being measured up for a suit ("been fitted with")!!! Nothing so complicated, as easy as changing a set on a pump. Lots of info in the Insulin Pump forum here.