Any Help Appreciated

kylekc

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good day Guys, Last July 2016 i had my RBS it's says 12.8 after the next day doc told me to do another test that will be my HBA1C my result is 4-6.2% is that Diabetec or Pre diabetec range? Thanks in advance

kylekc

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Dude, Any advice how can i go back to the normal range??

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cut out sweet sugary stuff, reduce eating starchy carbohydrate foods like potatoes, rice, bread and pasta as much as possible, especially the white bread etc, the brown wholewheat ones are better. If you are a drinker avoid beer - we call it liquid bread.
And exercise helps too.

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Best way is to change your diet and increase the amount of exercise that you do. The combination works wonders for most people.

You'll probably know to avoid sugar, sugary drinks, cake and biscuits, chocolate and sweet snack bars etc, but many newbies think if they have a plain white sandwich, with no trimmings, not much butter, no mayonaise, chutney etc, that they are eating healthier. In fact, the white bread is just as bad as eating sugar itself. Refined starches like white bread, white rice, pasta, mashed potatoes, all raise your blood sugar levels. Switching to whole grain products such as brown rice, wholewheat pasta, real wholemeal bread (hard to find the genuine stuff) and eat smaller portions of it will make a big difference. Exercise adjusts the way food is digested and how carbs are broken down and stored. Regular daily exercise, even in small amounts helps. Also avoid some fruits like pineapples and grapes and stick to plums, apples, pears, berries etc. The sort of fruit that grows in northern europe.

Try to ensure that the amount of carbs you eat is reduced significantly and try to make sure that those you do eat are unrefined wholegrain type products. I also switch things like barley for rice sometimes. Pearl barley hardly affects your BG levels but makes a great rice substitute. Otherwise, it's brown rice. Avoid sticky white rice like the plague.

Reactions: 2 people

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've never heard of supplements that do that, despite the claims. You can drop your blood sugar levels temporarily with things like a spoonful of vinegar, but these things are just short term tricks. The reason why you have type 2 is, for most, because they have a build up of certain types of fat in their pancreas which stops insulin production, or more precisely, makes it sluggish. It used to be thought that the insulin producing beta cells were dead but crucially, before cell death, many simply become metabolically inhibited. Lose enough weight and you have a good chance of reviving some of them. So, in addition to watching the carbs that you eat, you need to lose weight. The rule of thumb for a type two diabetic is that in the first few years, losing 15% of your body weight will usually do it. It is actually different for each person but, it is definitely more than just shedding a few pounds and cutting out mars bars. You do have to well motivated. Most people aren't. They just rely on the pills to sort everything out for them. But that too is temporary. That's why things often get worse and medication has to then be stronger. But, its doesn't need to be that way.

Reactions: 2 people

kylekc

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Exercise and Diet is the key! God's creation vs Man's creation
Thanks a lot, Yorksman! your the Man!

kylekc

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Guys, Organic Tea Barley can help decrease Blood Sugar? i'm not taking any medication.

Last edited by a moderator: