Trulicity

Nlfalconry

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good morning all,

I can't take the prescription Meds any longer as they are causing the usual side affects & making life quit difficult whilst out! My DB nurse has offered me this once a week injection....does it work well ? (Type 2)

Thanks
Neil

Luf

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Neil I'm also type 2 and cannot take my meds metformin for same reasons so I am interested in any replies you get
Good luck

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Reactions: 2 people

MaudieGo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi, I am type2 and started Trulicity 2 weeks ago and on the first day my blood sugar came down to 7. I also take metaformin but think that will be dropped eventually. I wondered why you can't take metaformin anymore? I haven't had any side effects and my weight has already dropped. I'm on 1.5 mg Trulicity. I'm pleased with results so far.

Reactions: Prem51

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
I wondered why you can't take metaformin anymore?

In some people it causes very bad diarrhea. The sort where you need to be within 6 feet of a bathroom all the time. Sustained Release Metformin is supposed to be better, introducing the dose slowly is supposed to be better.

MaudieGo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi David, I'm still on Metaformin but on its own didn't get my blood sugar down. I think I was also not helping myself. Living with diabetes has been a huge learning curve. This Trulicity is amazing for me and my sugar down to normal levels all the time. It comes down quickly after eating to and doesn't go up much. I'm sorry that you couldn't take it. I hope you can find something that will help. I seem to be sailing along with it and no issues. Good luck. Maudie

Reactions: Prem51

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If Metformin does get you going then it is really unpleasant - it is like mild food poisoning, first the queasiness and then the rumbling and cramps and then the squits.
I don't think it had much effect on my blood glucose, not taken with the statin I was prescribed at the same time, but I didn't really care, I just wanted it to stop. I tried various ways to take it, before during and after meals, but it just seemed to get worse the longer I took it.

Reactions: MaudieGo

Desbrina

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been on it for a week and so far I've had nausea, diarrhoea and egg burps

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
If anybody gets these bad symptoms like nausea, and the egg burps then please think of it as your internal body warning you that its really not having good results.. egg burps and nausea are a sign of your stomach not tolerating a certain food or tablet... if people persist with these symptoms without doing something the stomach can get worse and then once that happens you could end up on ppi's etc... and more meds.

Please, if you are having symptoms that are coming from the stomach (not the small intestines/colon etc.. please talk to GP.

I had full stomach gastritis..constant horrible nausea, acid reflux, and eggy burps etc..
Hadto undergo the up and down cameras...
The cause is two fold..
1) tomatoes and onions but also 2) my anticancer tablet..

The acid went immediately the tomatoes and onions were stopped. Everything else listed stopped when I made tge decision quality of life was better than qty of life with all the intolerable side effects from the cancer tablet.

My gastroenterologist told me about onions and tomatoes-he was absolutely right.

I've been to hell and back because of meds and foods and also (to me) wasted NHS money doing investigations when it was so stoppable.

Please dont accept nausea, eggy burps etc... it really is a signal that your stomach is not liking something...

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I stopped the tablets just before Christmas and thought that I might get raised BG - nope - not a flicker in the graph. All that distress and nothing to show for it. I was well p p p pleased about that.

Jojomin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Jojomin If Metformin is the culprit try asking your pharmacist to prescribe this made by a different manufacturer . I used to have Glucophage until quite by chance I was given Bolomyn. All the common symptoms described have been vastly diminished but reappeared when I was given Glucophage by mistake.