Pre-eclampsia

Finley02

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Sorry non diabetic related.... Did any of your girls suffer from this and what were your signs? I know blood pressure is the main one, thanks in advance x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Sorry non diabetic related.... Did any of your girls suffer from this and what were your signs? I know blood pressure is the main one, thanks in advance x

Search Results

As pre-eclampsia progresses, it may cause:
  • severe headaches.
  • vision problems, such as blurring or seeing flashing lights.
  • severe heartburn.
  • pain just below the ribs.
  • nausea or vomiting.
  • excessive weight gain caused by fluid retention.
  • feeling very unwell.
  • sudden increase in oedema – swelling of the feet, ankles, face and hands.
Pre-eclampsia - Symptoms - NHS Choices
www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Pre-eclampsia/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

Hi, If you are feeling unwell or feel 'different' with your pregnancy, get in touch with you GP asap, or ring 111 for advice and help. I hope you are okay ?
Best wishes RRB

Finley02

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thank you, was looking for more what people have experienced and not what was on Google as we no what Google is like lol x

Concordjan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not very good on computers!
My daughter did. Mainly high blood pressure but also swollen feet and ankles. She had to go to hospital every other day for last 2 weeks for tests. Was about to be induced but went into labour naturally the night before.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Dark Horse

Most cases of pre-eclampsia are picked up at the regular ante-natal checks. This is generally before the woman experiences any symptoms so it is important to attend all ante-natal appointments. Raised blood pressure and protein in the urine are the classic signs but if you experience symptoms between appointments, it's important to call your GP immediately. The page mentioned by Robinredbreast is a good quality information source as it is an NHS page: http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Pre-eclampsia/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

Finley02

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have posted in the pregnancy page? Thank you for your help... But like I say I just wanted to know anyone's personal experiences. Thank you @Concordjan

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I had pre eclampsia. I had horribly swollen legs and felt very sick.

1Sarah1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Finley02 i had pre eclampsia with my 2 yr old. Mega high bp, swollen ankles/feet and face. My insulin requirements dropped significantly. Had to go in everyday for tests and decided to induce early (she was prem) but ended up having emergency section as her heart rate was failing xx