Noodles

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Horrid things - gave me a really really bad stomach too - that's just my opinion though some people love them - personally I prefer spiralized veggies or frozen sliced green beans are a good carrier for saucy dishes

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They recommend copious rinsing before using these noodles, and once the packet is opened, it's clear why.

I found after trying these I suffered from what my niece, as a small child, would have referred to pom-poms. I'll spare you the details. I don't think it's too uncommon.

I find I can live, comfortably, without them, but if you fancy them, give them a go.

debbiedoodles

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
anyone tried bare naked noodles?

You have to rinse really well as they smell otherwise. They are a bit rubbery but tolerable if you mix with lots of stir fry veg , I added chicken and some soy sauce and minced ginger and garlic to make chow mein. It wasn't bad serbed like this

psignathus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
NICE guidelines in reference to nutrition
I found the thicker ones they sell in the major supermarkets to be ok as well as the rice version. They are, as others have suggested a bit smelly and require a really good rinse. Whilst they are good on occasion spiralised veg and grated cauliflower are far superior in terms of flavour and nutritional content in my humble opinion.

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Okay. So I was going to ask what's the tastiest way of cooking them?
Maybe not.

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
They're not bad. Not my favourite low-carb food, but OK if you want something noodly. I usually have them with prawns and chilli, book choi and a peanut sauce.