Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Jo123

6.4:( bit disappointed after yesterday. Normal low carb day went out for curry, ate all good except for half a garlic naan, an will back on the wagon :)

Reactions: 10 people

bluejeans98

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.7 this morning. 3 weeks today off the booze, lost a stone weight and BG has come down steadily. Also now taking a weekly does of Vitamin D3 as prescribed by my doctor. I'm only just starting to feel human again.

Reactions: 11 people

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
4.3 @ 07:40 (OneTouch Select Plus. Initially 4.2 so re-tested)

Reactions: 7 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
7.9 this morning and my hormones are being inconvenient

Reactions: 9 people

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
Boo! Following my best fasting score of 6.1 yesterday, up to 6.8 this morning. So it seems last night's lentil dal experiment was not so successful. Shame, it was delicious. I forgot to measure pre-breakfast too (don't eat breakfast until I get to work, having walked the last couple of miles) so I've no idea whether it fell or not. Ah well, KBO...

Reactions: 14 people

Quirkybee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thank you walnut_face, I think you maybe right. I started entering all my figures last night on the low carb programme. I keep losing the site on my phone though and not sure how to save it. Wish it was an app as it would be easier then. Sorry to digress.....

Reactions: 4 people

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.2 yesterday, 5.1 today. I'm on a full testing regime for a little while so will start another thread and hope some of you will be so kind as to comment on my diet and my numbers. So far it's looking pretty much as I hoped it would but since my last hba1c was a 7 then I still need to find the culprit.
Fairly sure it was me.
You can always post here:
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/what-do-you-eat.106620/page-3#post-1239892

Post your meal and results, someone did say avocado and cellery for breakfast which i found really good too.

Anyway a 4.8 for my fasting bgl... so happy to have my 4s back @JohnEGreen and @13lizanne we are fasting bgl triplets today LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
3 pints of coors light, a midnight feast, and a lower than expected 6.2

@Quirkybee time to use the data cable, and look at your trends. e.g. Are your morning readings starting to develop a pattern (It might be a bit soon) but the point is trends are more important than spot readings
I tested hourly through the night to find when my bgl started to rise... this is because of slow release carbs... may be ok after 2 hours but start to rise after that!

Reactions: 2 people