Hi

jane28chaplin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi am 28 years old I have type 1 diabetes and inject 4 times a
day I've been type one since June. And all this week my bloods have been really low can anyone help.

Reactions: 2 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @jane28chaplin :)

It could be the hot weather. Hot weather makes me lower than normal.

Do extra tests and keep hypo treatments near.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
day I've been type one since June. And all this week my bloods have been really low can anyone help.
Hi @jane28chaplin. With a recent diagnosis it could be that your pancreas hasn't quite given up completely just yet and maybe is providing a small amount of insulin.
You need to keep checking your sugars. Speak to your DSN regarding your insulin requirements if you're unsure.
Everything will settle down as time goes on, it all takes a lot of getting used to and managing.
Keep your hypo treatment with you at all times.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi @jane28chaplin
welcome to the forum.:)

warmer weather can affect blood sugars -- it is important to test regularly.

it is very early days for you though -- so it is important to remember that this is all still pretty brand new -- you will experience both highs and lows ( but don't panic )

do keep in constant touch with your Diabetic nurse -- she is there to help you .

......and do keep posting here

all the best !!

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Welcome @jane28chaplin, if your bg levels don't settle down consider doing some basal checks, if in doubt run things by your DSN. Good luck.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Can you tell us a bit more about whether you carb-count i.e. adjust your Bolus to match the carbs in the meal. Have you tried to balance the Basal yet; may be you need some guidance on that?

ann34+

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Hi, Jane28, Remember that insulin needs vary through the menstrual cycle - i'm past that now! But I had years of changes and these could be very large, and not very predicttable - though usually a dip for about a week midcycle, and uneven control and more insulin, some days later, sometimes getting to quite high insulin needs later. So if you are midcycle or just a week or so in, that might explain the drop - though i agree with others posting, hot weather also makes you more insulin sensitive, or you may be going into a 'honeymoon' phase where you get some revival of beta cell function. Hope things sort out,