Low Carb Snacks In France

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Discovered these snack packs while in France. Bought from the service station where I used to buy quiches and lemon tarts! Both beef and chicken packs available, I think I preferred the chicken.

So tasty - they became a regular while on holiday. Shame they don't sell anything like this in the UK.

de46d9b660ef18e9cb12a8ac0bd590be.jpg

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What are the carbs like? Mattesons do something kind of similar.. probably not as nice though..

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What are the carbs like? Mattesons do something kind of similar.. probably not as nice though..

Carbs almost zero from memory, or 1g per 100 - something so small I knew it would be ok.

Couldn't resist a freshly baked quiche one day though, so good :)

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
There are things like this, just need to look for them. I think Ive seen something similar in waitrose. Even morisson has French sausages, but the thick ones. Polish kabanos is a bit similar too

Reactions: 2 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There are things like this, just need to look for them. I think Ive seen something similar in waitrose. Even morisson has French sausages, but the thick ones. Polish kabanos is a bit similar too

These are mini version of those amazing thick French sausages, I ate a lot of that too!

Haven't seen them in Waitrose though, will have a check. I was just really pleased to find them in service stations - on the way to the Eurotunnel we stopped at services and there was nothing I would want to eat :(

Reactions: 2 people

bmorgen

Carbs almost zero from memory, or 1g per 100 - something so small I knew it would be ok.

Couldn't resist a freshly baked quiche one day though, so good :)
I wouldn't feel too guilty about the quiche from a Glycemic Load point of view. The pastry in the quiche is the main source of carb and quiche pastry is usually about half fat. That should significantly slow the carb absorption. Test an hour or 2 after eating and I'll bet your bloods aren't too much affected by the quiche! On the other hand, there are plenty of calories in a slice of quiche, so you need to be sensible....

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wouldn't feel too guilty about the quiche from a Glycemic Load point of view. The pastry in the quiche is the main source of carb and quiche pastry is usually about half fat. That should significantly slow the carb absorption. Test an hour or 2 after eating and I'll bet your bloods aren't too much affected by the quiche! On the other hand, there are plenty of calories in a slice of quiche, so you need to be sensible....

My numbers were ok, a bit higher but ok - and the quiche was great! I also had a pistachio macaron :) and that was amazing! Only ate half though and saved the rest - before diagnosis I would have eaten 2, and Paul make enormous macarons :)