Binge Eating

Elizabeth__m

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Sorry, I just have to let off some steam. My diet has been going well up to now, but I have been under a lot of pressure in work this week and I just lost it. I ate all round me and now I am so cross with myself. I need to get out of the way of turning to food as a comfort - does anyone have any suggestions?

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
The only suggestion I have is to not beat yourself up over it. It's done and can't be undone and it happens to the best of us. Just get back on plan and if you are able to remove the danger foods from your house, do it. I personally live with 7 other people and can't clear my house of food I can't have, but if I could I certainly would. You will be OK :)

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Go easy on yourself. As chalula said we all do it and can't undo it. Learn from your experience is the best we can do. Most times it's not worth the penalty but sometimes it is. It's a nasty disease and no one is perfect. Just carry on the beat you can.
I like doing some yoga stretching when in that mood. Usually not in the mood then but force myself and happy for it. Releases stress and anxiety. Then I think better but if I still need the food, I do it, just try to minimize it.

Elizabeth__m

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks both. I am paying for indulging this morning, not only are my levels up, but I have a really upset stomach - not used to the rich food anymore I suppose! Keeping danger foods from my house is not a problem, it is when I am in work temptation is an issue. I am in a shared office and there is always some treat or other brought in. It is good to know I am not alone though