Corns

Happy talk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi can anyone advise. I've been waiting over 6 months for a chiropodist appointment as my feet have been affected since being diagnosed 6 months ago. I've recently got a really painful corn on my little toe and is agony when putting shoes on. I have read that diabetics cannot use corn plasters. Any advice would be gratefully received xxx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

C

catherinecherub

Hi,

Never had a corn so cannot advise.
Will bump your post up for an answer.

Anie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ring and explain that you are diabetic, and that you are having problems. They may see you quickly. If not get in touch with your practice nurse and explain the situation, she may be able to help.

Tez_Ann_J

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just seen your query after search for discussion of this same subject (ie corn forming & don't use corn plasters). They tell you to take good care of your feet & then you are left waiting for an appointment with the situation getting worse & more painful. Hope ur nurse/chiropodist move it along.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I successfully dealt with mine using a thing called a Scholl 2in1 Corn Express Pen. You use the pointy end to remove any hard parts off the top and then apply a liquid from the same pen. You have to be able to reach your feet to do this.

Barry Holt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Drivers who speed in built up areas
Chiropodist charges me£20 and corn gone, tried nhs chiropodist once spent more time answering her questions so that she could tick boxes on the computer then she spent about 2 minutes poking about and said that was the best she could do with it so called at chiropodist on way home ,he said if you can wait 10 or 15 mins Iwill sort it now,best £20 I've spent in a long time funnily enough it was my little toe on left foot and boy did it hurt ,when he had finished all pain gone ,if I have any more problems now I just go and let him sort it,beats waiting for nhs, good luck