So Pleased - HbA1c test results are in

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
I have just phoned my doctors and finally managed to get through to someone - only took me 3 days!!! yep phone was always engaged - guess they were busy........

Anyway my latest hbA1c has come back at 42 mmol/mol or 6.0%

So I am officially back in the pre-diabetic range. I have lost a total to date of 4 stone (this has taken me a couple of years).
Apparently I do not have the start of Rheumatoid Arthritis - which is good news.
What the other 7 tests were for the person on the phone could not tell me - all she did impart is that no further action is required...........

So I am taking this as a positive result.

I think that the hard work has paid off and I just need to stay with it and hopefully continue to lose a bit more weight - well a lot more weight but I am on cloud 9 right now and it is my Birthday - so just pondering if I dare allow myself a special treat or whether I should remain good and not tempt myself - but feel like I need to take the good result and my special day and just maybe allow myself a meal that is higher in carbs than I have allowed myself in the last year...........

Finally thank you to all of you for your support and your knowledge it really does help those of us who struggle and stumble along the way. I believe the hardest thing to learn is that you are the only one who can work out what works for you - no one can say how your body will react to the foods you eat and only you can find out.

Reactions: Prem51

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done - would like to give you a medal but they seem to have disappeared?

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
well done you! treat yourself to a low carb favourite perhaps?

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@srobertson06 - Well Done on your weight loss and HBA1C reduction.:)

Karenchq

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done! You should be proud of yourself and best wishes for a wonderful birthday.

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
Thank you all, your comments are really appreciated. Allowed myself a treat, cream filled chocolate eclair without the chocolate topping which I find is OK for me.

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done @srobertson06
Hope you had a good birthday and enjoyed your treat, We all need a treat occasionally and for a birthday and a good test result is a very good reason.

75Bedford

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations and well done on your achievement. I had a lovely surprise today when I rang for my Hba1c results. Was diagnosed as pre diabetic in January with reading of 43, down to 42 in May and now 34! can't believe it - so happy :happy: Will stay on low carb and still monitor as don't want to go back there if i can help it.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@75Bedford - Well Done on reducing your HBA1C. :)