Farewell

zatpac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Goodbye one and all and thank you for all the useful info,it has helped me greatly. I received the results of my last review today.
HbA1c 39
My Diabetes Nurse and GP tell me I am no longer Diabetic.
I will visit from time to time and wish you all well in you own battles to control or reverse the condition known as Diabetes.

R2T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Winter, war, pestilence
Well done.

I think that diabetes seems to affect people in a lot of different ways.
If you have truly conquered yours then I am very happy for you :)

My GP and DN told me that mine (type 2) is a lifelong condition and that my latest HbA1c of 40 was too low.
I have been having quite a few hypos though so perhaps they're right :confused:

Reactions: Liam1955

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Lchf seems to be the key for mostly men. High percentage of successes are male.
That's brilliant news. I love seeing these success stories. Thank you for sharing.

Reactions: Freema and Liam1955

R2T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Winter, war, pestilence
Hi R2T2,my understanding of hypo`s is when BS is too low,am I right.
Yes, that's right.
I had been cutting right back on carbs and also avoiding anything with more than a tiny amount of sugar in it.
My GP says I'm being too harsh on myself and that BS going too low can be worse than BS going high occasionally. Since I had a friend die recently from complications following a hypo, I have decided to treat myself occasionally in the hope of avoiding them

R2T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Winter, war, pestilence
Thanks ickihun :)

Reactions: ickihun

zatpac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Then this is an area I must keep an eye on R2T2. Are the symptoms of a hypo obvious.

R2T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Winter, war, pestilence
The symptoms I get most often are extreme sweating, shaking, feeling dizzy, getting confused, slurred speech, and when it's really bad, I pass out (thankfully I usually manage to sit down first).

Reactions: Freema

zatpac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can only relate to one of those conditions, dizzy, this happened a couple of times a few months back when for some reason the nurse prescribed Metformin.I think she did it because I was have a new hip and wanted to make sure the wound healed quicky.
Anyway I stopped taking them and suffered no more dizzy spells.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The symptoms I get most often are extreme sweating, shaking, feeling dizzy, getting confused, slurred speech, and when it's really bad, I pass out (thankfully I usually manage to sit down first).

well you do drink some sugar then dont you ? passing out from low blood glucose can cause brain damage

Reactions: R2T2 and Prem51

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@R2T2
I strongly suggest you discuss this with your medical team.

In your situation I would prefer to reduce medication rather than to 'carb up' to combat the glucose lowering effect of medication. But that is a discussion you need to have with the health care professionals.

Reactions: R2T2

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lchf seems to be the key for mostly men. High percentage of successes are male.
That's brilliant news. I love seeing these success stories. Thank you for sharing.

I can't say I've seen a compelling reason I would believe the specific lick with LCHF for man. Certainly a number of men had achieved great results. A number of men use LCHF, but there are others who have adopted a different approach - the OP of this thread being one, it appears.

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I think men in general (always exceptions) have an easier time losing weight. This has to do with hormones and greater muscle mass and a higher basal metabolic rate. For a lot of T2's weight loss is a huge factor in getting better BG's.

Reactions: Prem51

Julia McCoulough

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people
Goodbye one and all and thank you for all the useful info,it has helped me greatly. I received the results of my last review today.
HbA1c 39
I will visit from time to time and wish you all well in you own battles to control or reverse the condition known as Diabetes.
Well done I thought you had diabetes for life that is what I was told

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
HbA1c 39
My Drs are adamant its for life, well done in getting a Dr thats realising its not for life. My numbers have been in the non diabetic range for almost three years now .. but my DSN still insists I am a full T2 diabetic ... I take no medication for my diabetes and can eat carbs now with not real rise in bs.. but unlike you .. I will have this lable for life now :(

Reactions: Freema

R2T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Winter, war, pestilence
@R2T2
I strongly suggest you discuss this with your medical team.

In your situation I would prefer to reduce medication rather than to 'carb up' to combat the glucose lowering effect of medication. But that is a discussion you need to have with the health care professionals.
Sorry, forgot to mention that my meds have been knocked down to 1 metformin per day and am monitoring to see how I go now. I am not going mad with the carbs, just eating slightly more than I would normally.

@Freema Yes, if I feel really dodgy I will have a sugary drink or suck on a sugary sweet.
:)