Stuck!

6cats

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My FBG does not seem to drop below around 6.1-6.3 regardless of what I eat or do. My thyroxine dose has been been dropped from 200 to175 and after an absolute no alteration in weight fir 6 months following the LCHF diet that is now creeping up! I am absolutely fed up being so very careful and diligent, blood testing and its does not seem to be moving in any good directions. Do I need to be concerned, is this a bit of a 'plateau' or it this is how it is?!?!?!?

Reactions: Freema

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
how is your blood glucose the rest of your day, in between meals ?
my only problem is my fasting blood glucose that is about 6 mmol most every day.. but today it was worse 7.3..

but I fast and do not eat in between 19 untill 12 next mid day ...

if you do not fast try to eat 4 almonds before getting out of bed and stay there 15 minutes more... this can for some people stop the liver from keeping spitting blood glucose into your blood ... its a break-fast just like breakfast is.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

Do you low carb? And if so, do you low carb enough to be in ketosis?

When people are in ketosis for long enough, there is something called physiological insulin resistance that may happen.
The process is really quite complex, and I don't feel confident to explain it properly, so google would be your best friend in understanding it.

Plus, of course, it may not be relevant to you.

Just in case it is, just remember that physiological insulin resistance has never been proved to be harmful, and it is easily 'corrected' or 'reversed' by eating a few more carbs for a few days.

Please disregard my entire comment if you aren't in ketosis! :D

SamCNatty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Are you on any medications? High fasting can be an indication you need help with medication

6cats

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Metformin and Gliclazide! Yes, I try to.stickntomthe LC diet and have done well up until now!