Run out of medication!

6cats

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The local pharmacy I used closed early on Saturday and, I was very late out of school this evening got there closed. Need to change pharmacy but, I.do not have 40gram of Gliclazide to take tomorrow am. Have Metformin. I don't think I will be able to pick this up until tomorrow evening. If I miss the dose tomorrow will it have any adverse effect! My GP will not let me have a few spares!

lynn007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
animal abuse
could you ask them to deliver to your home my pharmacy does that?

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The local pharmacy I used closed early on Saturday and, I was very late out of school this evening got there closed. Need to change pharmacy but, I.do not have 40gram of Gliclazide to take tomorrow am. Have Metformin. I don't think I will be able to pick this up until tomorrow evening. If I miss the dose tomorrow will it have any adverse effect! My GP will not let me have a few spares!
If it's just the one dose you are going to miss you should be OK as long as you keep your carbs to an absolute minimum- I'm on 40g morning and evening have missed a dose on occasions for various reasons and haven't gotten horrific numbers.

What do you normally eat for breakfast? - try having a no carb egg breakfast and a salad for lunch without too much protein and you will probably be fine - try not to worry as it won't help and take your evening one as normal and things should be back on an even keel

6cats

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. I will pay if necessary for a spare box! Some days it's just impossible to get it all done! C

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does your surgery have a medicines manager? Ours does and I find a quick word with her usually irons out any problems - today I had to order double meds for my dad as I will be away when his next lot is due for ordering and collecting - receptionist couldn't do it GP difficult to talk to (as in time not that he is difficult lol ) - got it sorted right away when I explained the situation - maybe you could explain how near the wire your script is

6cats

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don't have such a person but what a good idea! I will certainly have to have a closer look at this. It has not happened before it is just circumstantial really but I don't not want it to happen again it is proving to be a bit of a nuisance!