Eating Late

davecatt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well my BG this morning was 7.4, highest it's been for ages, no sign of cold/cough etc.
It's either the Diet Doctors Low Carb Green Pesto Chicken Casserole or the fact that we didn't eat till nearly 9 pm.
Has anyone else experienced the late eating thing??

Elizabeth__m

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I would eat quite late a couple of days a week, but looking back at my records, if anything eating later seems to result in a lower BG in the morning!

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
When I eat a SMALL protein fat snack before I bed I generally wake up lower. ( and sleep better)

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
I have found that if I eat later than 6pm then I get a higher reading the next morning

HelenAllsopp

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
this is something that I've discovered since being diagnosed and trying to control my BG, The later I eat the lower my morning BG is. On some occasions it's even been lower!

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've always eaten late otherwise i don't sleep well. I've found that if I eat a highish fat supper then it helps reduce my morning levels, though I've found health and stress can also impact on these too. Reducing other levels in general will also (eventually!) help reduce the fasting ones.

Robbity

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
This is interesting stuff. Yesterday I ate an enormous lunch (delicious low-carb tapas and a small glass of wine)and two hours later got a reading of 6.3. In the evening, still full from lunch, didn't bother with a proper evening meal so I had a handful of almonds and cherry tomatoes. This morning (around 8am) I had a reading of 7.1, higher than usual.

What others have said about eating a higher-fat supper has also sent my morning reading down.

I'm starting to realise that timings are as important as what we eat.

Reactions: v4victory