Always tired

Charmed1969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I seem to be more tired lately been type 2 for 8 years now but recently seem to be always so tired what can I do to change this.

Reactions: Freema

lynn007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
animal abuse
I am the same first diagnosed with sleep apnea after years of suffering then diabetes 2 and put on metforming I was fine for almost a year now its started again and I just been put on another Metformin.

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have your thyroid and vit d checked. That might be a reason why you feel tired

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Assuming your blood sugar is in a reasonable range then it is unlikely to be due to the Diabetes itself, but something else.

MagicFirefly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dangerous drivers
Marmite
I seem to be more tired lately been type 2 for 8 years now but recently seem to be always so tired what can I do to change this.
Speak to your gp. There are a number of reasons you could be fatigued. (Stress, thyroid, anaemia - to name a few)
It would certainly be worth a consultation an perhaps getting an appointment at the time you know you could have blood taken should it be required.
Have you noticed any other symptoms? Itching? Feeling cold? Changes in bowel habit?

It could be something as simple as going to bed at a different time. Your GP would be able to advise best.

Good luck!

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
many years of metformine use can cause vitamin B12 anemia

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate

A visit to your GP for starters. If your diabetes is controlled then diabetes does not make you tired, Uncontrolled would though. As you are on metformin it's worth getting your B12 checked as metformin tends to deplete B12.

Southernx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have been diabetic for 18 years my abh1c is with in range and my sugar levels,I am on 6 metaformin a day also so i inject Insultard, and Humulin S,I have learned and it has taken a long time for me to get it in control,I can haonestly say the tiredness is due to being diabetic the only solution is to excercise,That helps me.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What are your BS levels like at the moment and what was your last HbA1c result.