Positioning insulin pump at night.

rockape37

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Over the top political correctness
I used to clip mine to my waist band which worked well but occasionally i would catch/tug the tubing accidently though nothing major.

I now use a Diabetic Spibelt for night time/bedtime. It has a button hole in the pouch to feed the canular through. Obviously the pump goes in the pouch with any excess tubing and the belt clips up via a push fit clip. Very comfortable. Bought from Funky pumpers.

Regards

Martin

Reactions: Sweetheart66

gem09

I got a pump belt, tubing and all fits in it, I've never had an issue during the night with pulling it out or anything.

Diamummy_

Type of diabetes
Carer
My daughter has a stretchy belt thing that she wears and the pump is on the small of her back, she's a fussy 4 year old and she says she doesn't even notice it

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use a soft belt with a pump case, or just clip the pump to my nightclothes. I don't notice it and I've never had a problem with tubing.

I don't like leaving it beside me unattached as the few times I've done that, I've got up, forgotten it and leapt out of bed - only to be reminded of my pump with a shock as it pulls on my site and dangles merrily in thin air!

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Mine sleeps next to me, mostly quietly and occasionally snuggles in for a bit of a cuddle... :D

rockape37

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Over the top political correctness
Just wondering if the tubing gets tangled up in the night?
Never had a tangle or kink whether worn on my waistband or in the pouch. Using a pouch you can get all or most of the tubing tucked away in it just leaving what there is between the pouch and canular.

Regards

Martin