airport

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
If my laptop can go through without any problems I would be surprised if there was a problem with a glucose meter. :?

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Both mine and T1's have been through several times.
Hana

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
lanzlady said:
Hi all,

is it safe to put my glucose meter through the airport scanner ?

thanks in advance
Lanzlady

Should be Ok, just remember to keep meter and other diabetes related items in your hand luggage, and remember to get a doctors letter to explain that you have diabetes and need to carry meds etc.

Nigel

Pinnig

Hi,

I travel by plane regularly with work - twice this week. My BG meter is always in my hand luggage and I have never been asked about it. I suspect airport security must see them dozens of times a day and recognise them in the scanner. It shouldn't be a problem.

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
We've had no trouble taking a BG meter through the scanner. If you're travelling with insulin have a doctor's letter with you to confirm that you are diabetic and insulin dependent. Always carry the insulin, test meter, your own snacks etc with you in your hand luggage incase of delays or lost luggage. Make sure you have a spare of everything if you're going away on holiday, batteries for the test meter, insulin, test meter, test strips, novopen etc. When we've travelled my husband has one set of the diabetic "stuff" and I carry the other set, that way if one of us loses our hand luggage we have the other set as backup.