Anyone using Hemp seed in their diet.

debbiedoodles

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Interesting article but I wonder how much you would need to take?

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My immediate reaction to all such articles is "What are they selling??"

However, my canary includes hemp seed in his diet and has lived to a venerable but very tatty and motheaten old age. :D But I often use a low carb bread mix that actually includes both hemp and chia seeds and I haven't noticed any particular benefits, presumably because of the small quantities in my bread compared to my canary's consumption, based on the vast differences in our size.

It's up to you what you feel you need to include in your diet and it's obviously sensible to eat as wide a variety of healthy and nutritional foods as possible, though it seems to me that we're constantly being told about the latest miracle food fads everywhere we look. So as the man himself says "Don't believe everything you read"!!:wideyed::wideyed:

Robbity

ExD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
We use chia seeds to make a pudding - recipies all over google - which can be sweetened with, not too much, stevia. But I don't know of any health benefits we've noticed.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I recently tried hemp milk (was on special offer in Waitrose). Looks low carb (1.8g per 100ml) and tastes a bit like Mr Softee ice cream.. I use it instead of soya milk which seemed to be limiting my ability to get into ketosis. BS seems ok with it so far. but I limit its use.

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My immediate reaction to all such articles is "What are they selling??"

However, my canary includes hemp seed in his diet and has lived to a venerable but very tatty and motheaten old age. :D But I often use a low carb bread mix that actually includes both hemp and chia seeds and I haven't noticed any particular benefits, presumably because of the small quantities in my bread compared to my canary's consumption, based on the vast differences in our size.

It's up to you what you feel you need to include in your diet and it's obviously sensible to eat as wide a variety of healthy and nutritional foods as possible, though it seems to me that we're constantly being told about the latest miracle food fads everywhere we look. So as the man himself says "Don't believe everything you read"!!:wideyed::wideyed:

Robbity
I've noticed a difference since I've been using it, esspecially in my neuropathy, sensations have eased off slightly & only been using it afew days.

Reactions: debbiedoodles

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We use chia seeds to make a pudding - recipies all over google - which can be sweetened with, not too much, stevia. But I don't know of any health benefits we've noticed.
I use chia aswell.

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I recently tried hemp milk (was on special offer in Waitrose). Looks low carb (1.8g per 100ml) and tastes a bit like Mr Softee ice cream.. I use it instead of soya milk which seemed to be limiting my ability to get into ketosis. BS seems ok with it so far. but I limit its use.
Never knew ypu could get it in milk form. Cool.
I've been reading about soya & they say it's not good you. Hay ho. They always have to go on about some food.

debbiedoodles

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Never knew ypu could get it in milk form. Cool.
I've been reading about soya & they say it's not good you. Hay ho. They always have to go on about some food.
I have read conflicting things re soy. I don't have much milk anyway. But I bought flour then read it bad for you! Like you say Paul there's always something being criticised!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have read conflicting things re soy. I don't have much milk anyway. But I bought flour then read it bad for you! Like you say Paul there's always something being criticised!
The only thing I can say is that since I gave it up I get into ketosis much faster. Purely my own observation.

Reactions: debbiedoodles