Type 2, insulin dependent, with frozen shoulder

C

Cheong

1. I have been insulin dependent for the past 12 years. I have been suffering my second "frozen shoulder" in 4 years. Are diabetics more prone to suffer from it, does anyone know ?

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hi @Cheong

Welcome to the forums, you might find this interesting..............................
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Frozen-shoulder/Pages/Causes.aspx

Extract....................
upload_2016-9-10_16-35-52.png

Are you blood sugars under control? What's your hba1c like?

goose64

Allegedly, I tore a ligament and tore my rotator cuff a couple of years ago but didn't develop frozen shoulder , recently pulled a muscle in my shoulder but by exercising have not developed frozen shoulder this time either

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I have two frozen shoulders, the left one was first ( about 13 years ago) and I had a cortisone injection in the shoulder, which was very painful and didn't really do anything, physio at the hospital was the best, and really helped that shoulder, but a few years ago the right went the same way. My motto is, use it or lose it, I do a little bit of a stretch exercise every morning and I continually use my arms as much as possible, so for me, being flexible does help.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm just getting over my second one (left) in four years, right one was first. Last physio suggested it was more common in T1 than T2 in her experience.
Like @Robinredbreast I start my day with stretching exercises. Physio is way way better than drugs, which, in my opinion, don't help at all.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
My left shoulder was frozen for about 18 months but has been OK since May this year however I'm getting similar symptoms in my right shoulder but am doing some exercises to see if I can prevent it from freezing.

Reactions: hankjam
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Too much sun
Hi thank you for all your input......it feels good to know that there are other T2'ers who have Frozen Shoulder too. I've been on the LCHF diet for about a month......going for my diabetic appointment 25th Nov 2016. I will then get my new readings. My last HbA1c reading was 7.8. It has been in that range for the past two years. Hope the new readings will be promising !

Reactions: hankjam
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Too much sun
Hi thank you for all your input......it feels good to know that there are other T2'ers who have Frozen Shoulder too. I've been on the LCHF diet for about a month......going for my diabetic appointment 25th Nov 2016. I will then get my new readings. My last HbA1c reading was 7.8. It has been in that range for the past two years. Hope the new readings will be promising !

(Cheong and Priscilla_Tang are the same persons.....sorry it has been my blunder !)
I have been jubilant that the diet has been working on my blood sugar levels.......havent seen such beauts ever.....4.5 (after a half hourly walk post dinner), 5's Fasting, spotchecks of 6's through out the day. Am delighted with these ! Let's carry on the good fight !

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Been off my exercises for a while, just plain bad but picked them up again this week... they are needed to keep the movements... :)

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Too much sun
Hi @Cheong

Welcome to the forums, you might find this interesting..............................

Extract....................
View attachment 20425

Are you blood sugars under control? What's your hba1c like?
My hba1c hadnt been very good, hanging around 7.5 for the past few years. Stubbornly stuck there. I inject myself 3 - 4 times a day and take Metformin XR (?) 500X2 per day. Will be getting new blood tests for next appointment end of the month. I have been on the LCHF Diet for about a month and a half. Made good progress in B/S readings.

Reactions: urbanracer