Other

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@Welshywendy - Hello and Welcome to the Forum :). Firstly, I will tag @daisy1 who will provide you with some basic information that all new members receive. Have a good read and ask as many questions as you need. If you were not given a Meter at your GP's Surgery or by the Diabetes Nurse, then you will have to purchase your own, and it is vital to have a Meter to take control of your Diabetes.
The SD Codefree Blood Glucose Meter is popular with members on this forum. For the UK you need mmol/l and state you have Diabetes for vat exemption. Here is the link: http://homehealth-uk.com/all-products/codefree-blood-glucose-monitoring
5 packs = 264086. 10 packs = 975833.
If you buy in bulk above are discount codes.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry guys, I haven't read through it all yet, but could someone advise me what carb intact I'm looking for in each meal. I have a feeling my diabetic nurse said around 40? Each meal. Thank you
If you mean how many carbs to have in each meal, the nurse was giving bad advice. You don't actually need any, but set yourself a daily target of, say, 150gm/day max. Many have a lot less. Spread them out during the day if you can but it's not that important. The NHS thinks carbs are a very important part of the diet which they aren't. The fibre and nutrients are but as long as you have enough protein and fats, the carbs are only really needed for their fibre and veg and fruit can provide that anyway.

goose64

If you struggle with high cholesterol beware LCHF as it may send your numbers sky high, I am Ok with around 90 g starchy carbs a day, don't count those in veg. If I don't eat enough carbs I get constipated and as I have a family history of bowel cancer I don't want that.