New T2 And Confused About Blood Levels.

Neohdiver

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last night before going to bed my BG level was 3.5. Surely thats too low for type 2 diabetic?

As long as you're not on insulin, a sulfonylurea, or other medication that dumps additional insulin into your system, it is unlikely to be a hypo. I've been that low on occasion.

The other thing is that meters are not always precisely accurate, so it may actually be slightly higher than your meter says. I wouldn't worry about it - unless you are experencing hypo symptoms.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
LCHF is not a free for all with fat. I still need to watch my calories from all macronutrients. Many need to stay under 30 carbs. LCHF is also not high protein. You just need enough for repair and maintenance.
Many of us pick our carb level, mine is under 20, then we pick our protein amount, mine is 5 oz a day then we fill the rest in with healthy fats until satisfied. The fat part is supposed to replace the carb calories but fat is very calorific, twice as much as carbs and protein.
So you don't need to gob fat, just eat enough until satisfied. In the ABCENSE of carbs fat will not MAKE you fat but fat plus carbs equals weight gain.
Again, many of us still need to portion and calorie control.

Fergum10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
celery!
LCHF is not a free for all with fat. I still need to watch my calories from all macronutrients. Many need to stay under 30 carbs. LCHF is also not high protein. You just need enough for repair and maintenance.
Many of us pick our carb level, mine is under 20, then we pick our protein amount, mine is 5 oz a day then we fill the rest in with healthy fats until satisfied. The fat part is supposed to replace the carb calories but fat is very calorific, twice as much as carbs and protein.
So you don't need to gob fat, just eat enough until satisfied. In the ABCENSE of carbs fat will not MAKE you fat but fat plus carbs equals weight gain.
Again, many of us still need to portion and calorie control.
Thank you for that. I think I eat too much protein!.

Fox1001

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Blimey Mary, your bs is fine, and should come down 2 hours after eating, meds are working fine, mine on the other hand have been 19 pre breakfast and onwards and up, no 2 diabetics are the same, you seem well in control, as for the DESMOND day, I wouldn't expect too much from it, but you may get more than I did, as well as medical support, it's never proactive more reactive so I have to be ill before anything gets done.
Good luck,
And keep up the good work.

Fergum10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
celery!
Blimey Mary, your bs is fine, and should come down 2 hours after eating, meds are working fine, mine on the other hand have been 19 pre breakfast and onwards and up, no 2 diabetics are the same, you seem well in control, as for the DESMOND day, I wouldn't expect too much from it, but you may get more than I did, as well as medical support, it's never proactive more reactive so I have to be ill before anything gets done.
Good luck,
And keep up the good work.
Hi there. Thanks for your response, it was really encouraging. Ive really cut out the starchy carbs, and all my BS levels are all under six, and around 6.5 2 hrs after a meal if I have fruit and yoghurt. Other than that they are in the 4's amd 5's. I watched Panorama documentary last night on Type 2 diabetes and its made me more determined than ever to reverse this ****** 'condition". I had my eye scan two weeks ago, and the results show I have background retinopathy already. (I was only diagnosed just over 8 weeks ago!.) I must have had this for a while. Im really angry as I saw my doc two years ago with gout, and they did bloods, but no one mentioned diabetes or even prediabetes. So they might have picked it up then, and I'd have caught it a lot sooner. I just dont think GPs these days are on the ball.

Seeker2016

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry to hear about your diabetes not been caught sooner. GPs are quacks mostly.

Reactions: Freema