My first low carb meal with good bg result

Quirkybee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hey everyone

Nothing exciting, but I made my first low carb meal earlier and achieved a good bg result.

On my own this evening, so I thought I'd use the cabbage laying around in the refrigerator. Chopped and boiled it, sliced the remaining courgettes, about 5, cooked 3 rashers of bacon and used garlic, red onion, paprika and lots of other herbs, any old herbs lol.

My bg before meal wax 7.2 (may not be low to some on here, though I have been lower a few times before), then 2 hours later after a glass of red wine and about 7 small mixed nuts and dried cranberries and my reading was 7.8.

That's AMAZING for me, truly amazing. If I could achieve these results for most of the week, I'd be chuffed. Simple ingredients that are not expensive. I have the other half for either work or tea tomorrow as I'm being deserted again tomorrow too, lol.

Thanks for reading

Karenchq

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Excellent and on the contrary, it is exciting to have success. That is wonderful for you :)

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's really great. Well done for taking the trouble to put something together to eat when you are on your own. I'm on my own anyway and it's a right pain cooking for one. My favourite is bolognaise sauce, cooked in pressure cooker (15 mins) then portioned out into containers and put in freezer. Then, just 5 mins in microwave, while I cook some greens and grate some cheese, viola! an instant (almost) meal. Love it!!!

Well done :)

Quirkybee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thank you all.

Off topic for a second, but I tried to like your replies, but have not been able to. It just shows the arrow to quote the post. Any ideas please?

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey everyone

Nothing exciting, but I made my first low carb meal earlier and achieved a good bg result.

On my own this evening, so I thought I'd use the cabbage laying around in the refrigerator. Chopped and boiled it, sliced the remaining courgettes, about 5, cooked 3 rashers of bacon and used garlic, red onion, paprika and lots of other herbs, any old herbs lol.

My bg before meal wax 7.2 (may not be low to some on here, though I have been lower a few times before), then 2 hours later after a glass of red wine and about 7 small mixed nuts and dried cranberries and my reading was 7.8.

That's AMAZING for me, truly amazing. If I could achieve these results for most of the week, I'd be chuffed. Simple ingredients that are not expensive. I have the other half for either work or tea tomorrow as I'm being deserted again tomorrow too, lol.

Thanks for reading

Small steps but starting the success feeding loop.
Good stuff.

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
That's a great result. Celebrate every success, no matter how small it seems.

As to the icons, I wish I knew the answer. When I'm using my work PC I can see them, but there not there when I use the diabetes.co.uk app on my iPad.

Quirkybee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks Tabbyjoolz
They were here via my phone initially and now gone, so I can't 'like' any posts anymore