What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
4.5 this AM....soz about my absence recently, now dong 3 days on Citizens Advice work...but I'll try and pop In regularly.

Reactions: v4victory

v4victory

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9.2 this morning, largely due to sleeping in on an empty tummy. I knew from the way my stomach was growling that the number would be high. After a breakfast of bacon (1 very small piece) and 3 slices of capsicum, and then coffee and laughter with a good friend, it is now 6.2 . No denying that a low carb diet really works. :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.2 this morning.

A little up but did have flu jab yesterday.

Last edited:

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
20/9/16 - Morning.

5.9 - ;)

Reactions: Prem51

Cancerkev

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
My glucose levels have been sitting from 15.6 upto 23.8. They have been like this since I was diagnosed with cancer in June I am due a diabetic review on the 27th of September at my doctors surgery. The doctor gave me a ring but wouldn't tell me my blood results over the phone she said they need to see me face to face.

Cancerkev

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine was sitting at 16.2 since being diagnosed with cancer my level as gone up where as before all my results have been between 5.1 to 7.8. I still do the same things everyday nothing as changed but my level as now gone up I think the victozia injection I am on is not working for me as I don't lose weight I seem to be putting in on. But I can't be treated for my cancer as my health problems are stacked against me I have got to live with it.