Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

BarbaraG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
5.9 this morning. And I'm totally chuffed with that because I am currently coming back from a period of poor control. I've only had my new meter 3 weeks, and the first fasting reading I took was 7.8 :-O

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello, My diabetes is at a terrible stage currently, i am 25 and had diabetes since i was 6... My fasting blood sugar this morning was 2.1.. It has been for a long time.. I dont really feel anything.. It has started to just feel normal being so low for so many hours in the day. My consultant says i have lost all hypo awareness.. And is sending me on course to sort it out. This is also means i have diabetic seizures in my sleep.. Because i dont pick up im low before i asleep. This can happen. 1-2 a week :( im scared

Reactions: Tim55 and davecatt

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello, My diabetes is at a terrible stage currently, i am 25 and had diabetes since i was 6... My fasting blood sugar this morning was 2.1.. It has been for a long time.. I dont really feel anything.. It has started to just feel normal being so low for so many hours in the day. My consultant says i have lost all hypo awareness.. And is sending me on course to sort it out. This is also means i have diabetic seizures in my sleep.. Because i dont pick up im low before i asleep. This can happen. 1-2 a week :( im scared

so sad for you shouldn´t you have some candy when so low in the night or right when you awake ?