Low Carb alternative to chapatti's

szia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm trying to follow a low car diet and managing to keep it below 150g a day but want to reduce it much further. The biggest problem I have is that in our household, our mainstay food is curries and they would be eaten with either rice, chappattis or naan bread. These are all high carb foods so what can I do?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't eat them (rice or the breads) just have the curry and some green veg. Maybe lettuce leaves if you want something to scoop with?
Otherwise there are a few low carb flat bread recipes made from cheese and eggs with almond flour but not sure they would go that well with curry.. still might be worth a try.
https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/low-carb-naan-bread-with-melted-garlic-butter
Have a look around on that site there are lots of great recipes.
And of course there is always cauliflower rice...

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
what we do is use the wholemeal version of chappati flour this will automatically lower the carb content of the chappati. plus increasing the fibre content. therfore reducing the net carbs further.
if you want to go further. then add butter into the mix (ie make a paratta) this will slow the release of the carbs even more. this is what we have been doing with my son over last 1.5 years and he very rarely has a high after the meal.plus with all fibre in there it is very filling.

Reactions: asmiq

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lidl Protein roll does for me quite nicely. Cauli rice too. Wholegrain Basmatti has minimal effect on my bgl.