13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Hi @13lizanne could you describe how you felt going so low, so low that is for me. I've been under 4 on a few occasions, 3.4 was my lowest, often later afternoon when I get in from work and am surprised as I don't actually feel any different.
Wish you good.
Hj
Hi @hankjam
I had not eaten anything for almost 6hrs and had been (climbing) walking in the OchilHills on a hot day. It started with me feeling dizzy and buzzing in my ears, then I felt nauseous and internally wobbly/shaky, at this point I thought it was the physical exertion to blame but then I started shaking with sweat pouring off me and my hubby said that he couldn't get a coherent answer from me. He gave me a couple of mint sweets he had in his pocket and "oxtered" me back down the hill after I rested. I reckon my bloods were lower at that point than the 3.9 reading when we got back to my testing equipment! I have had readings of 3.9 since then but felt fine. I don't remember much about coming back down the hill

Reactions: Freema

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Been offline due to a busy London Design Festival this week - still find attending events hard when you have to provide dietary requirements! Also, annoyingly run out of testing strips. More due tomorrow so I'm hoping my best efforts and exercise recently will see good results :) Hope everyone is well, trying to catch up on all the threads!
When you get strips again @PenfoldAPD suck on a fresh lemon and see if it lowers your bg. When i was newly diagnosed slimline bitter lemon helped me out but unsure why. See if it works for you. No guarantee but it doesnt work for me now. Any tip helps sometimes. ;)

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
T2 non meds with and Hb of 6.1
However, was Hb 5.7
I eat virtually nothing - not low carb - low food, here!! - yet my BG is too high
6.3 - 8.4 random and Fasting and PP...there are no noticeable causes of a spike from 6 - 8.

Thoughts?
I put mine down to accumulative carbs and sometimes too much protein. Without a full lowdown on weights of carbs and proteins and your weight it would be difficult to digest this possibility. Myfitnesspal app can help some to do that. Do you write down everything you're eating for possible spike inducers? The 2hrs after food analysis too?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yes @bakedalaska and @Freema I try to remember my liver dump blocks.
The liver stores glucose for periods of starvation. Dawn phenomoneum can normally occur around the 3am time whilst sleeping. Liver dumps glucose to prevent hypos.
However I've also found not having a breakfast immediately or a liver block my bgs increase after waking.
The liver's glucose stores come mainly from carbs, so I've seen mentioned on these forums somewhere.
Lower your carbs which lowrrs your liver glucose stores. Some do Intermittent Fasting as low carb don't do it enough throughout the bodies muscles and organs.
My advice is try some suggestions one by one to see if they work for you. And if they are sustainable in your diabetic management plan.
I look forward to your results. :)

Reactions: Liam1955

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Hello and welcome to all the new folk posting on here

Hope you enjoy the craic

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
well I had the roofer out measured up and will cost me 4500 for a synthetic slate roof so I htink i may as well stay where I am and keep trecking up to my mums to see to her....

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hello and welcome to all the new folk posting on here

Hope you enjoy the craic
I love it here when it's busy. So many different posters makes life more interesting.
I learn so much from them. And boy do I need educating. How have you been @Cumberland ?
We all have different needs from these forums. I hope everyone can feel they can post freely?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
How has your type 2 life been treating you this week? Stressful, a breeze or havent even noticed my diabetes this week?
Can you keep us right without feeling shouted down or critised?
I know everyone is different. That's what makes us human. Come and enlighten us! Please

C

catherinecherub

I love it here when it's busy. So many different posters makes life more interesting.
I learn so much from them. And boy do I need educating. How have you been @Cumberland ?
We all have different needs from these forums. I hope everyone can feel they can post freely?
How has your type 2 life been treating you this week? Stressful, a breeze or havent even noticed my diabetes this week?
Can you keep us right without feeling shouted down or critised?
I know everyone is different. That's what makes us human. Come and enlighten us! Please
I don't understand why you feel that some posters are being stifled? (post freely, shouted down and criticised).
There is always the report button to make Mods aware of what is going on..
This thread may give people some answers and advice but it is a captive audience and there will be more posters that can help on the open forum.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Morning, my friends on the www.diabetes.co.uk Type 2 Life Forum,

I am posting from Tate South Lambeth Public Library in the SW8 postal district of London to inform you that I'm keeping well and that my developmental and mental health as well as my diabetes are all A1. I'm back on 0 Calorie "Silver Spoon" artificial sweetener tablets and managed to achieve a fasting blood glucose reading of 6.3 Millimoles Per Litre, this morning, at 8:45 Ante Meridian. My best friend Lee Collingwood, who has a mental illness, treated me to a lamb doner kebab with salad last night to thank me for the cleaning I did in his flat last Sunday, as apart from cleaning, I supported him to remove a chest of drawers, fridge-freezer and colour television that no longer was operational. We put them by the waste receptacles to the rear of his property.

My Sky Broadband, praise Be, will be operational in my council flat from Thursday 6th October, 2016, so I'll be able to log on at home from that date. My Appointee has paid all of the £391.74 bill by Direct Debit from my frozen bank account.

I also received my www.diabetes.co.uk wristband, keyring and badge and some diabetes insurance literature through the post, thanks to this impeccable and wonderful organization of Diabetes UK.

It's lovely and sunny where I am today.

Love and Hugs from @autisticwonder1970 (Johnny Baker)

Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I don't understand why you feel that some posters are being stifled? (post freely, shouted down and criticised).
There is always the report button to make Mods aware of what is going on..
This thread may give people some answers and advice but it is a captive audience and there will be more posters that can help on the open forum.
Who said anything about our posters feeling stuffled? Taken out of context, isnt helpful. I do agree open forums are great too. It might be worth reading my post again?
No one on here is shouted down or critised, as far as I'm aware! Then not my business. I was encouraging newees who see these posts on fb etc too. Where they receive a cold reception sometimes but not here.
We are on the www not a crypted e-mail.

C

catherinecherub

Your posts need more clarification then.
How was anyone to know that you were referring to Facebook?
Who said anything about our posters feeling stuffled? Taken out of context, isnt helpful. I do agree open forums are great too. It might be worth reading my post again?
No one on here is shouted down or critised, as far as I'm aware! Then not my business. I was encouraging newees who see these posts on fb etc too. Where they receive a cold reception sometimes but not here.
We are on the www not a crypted e-mail.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Your posts need more clarification then.
How was anyone to know that you were referring to Facebook?
Not just fb. The whole web.
What we have at type 2 life is unique. No criticism, just support.
Hopefully it will stay like that. Fingers crossed. :)

Reactions: Cumberland

doolallylady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone, oldies & newbies, 'trouble on 2 legs' aka William and his chief minder Anna. Hope you're all having as good a day as possible, the usual cwtches for those who need or want them :).
Been doing a lot of running around and sorting things out. PM done, findings were heart attack and arterial schlerosis. Funeral arranged for next Wednesday. xx

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)

@ickihun

I'm doing ok thanks BM's have been stable for a good few months the odd blip but generally ok

I know you along with others on here have been having a rough time of late

Here's hoping there lie better times ahead

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@ickihun

I'm doing ok thanks BM's have been stable for a good few months the odd blip but generally ok

I know you along with others on here have been having a rough time of late

Here's hoping there lie better times ahead
Thanks @Cumberland. I'm enjoying my freedom. Ha ha toddler loves nursery so he'll be back there on monday. Had a good catch up with my mum. Feeling in good spirits. I hope it lasts. Friday tomorrow, hurray!
I too hope everyone is feeling well today. :)

Reactions: doolallylady

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@doolallylady - Ha, Ha, Ha Karen, "Trouble On 2 Legs" here!:D I love the "Anna The Minder" :D As always lovely to hear from you and we miss your humorous posts, can't wait till you are back regularly.
Don't be doing too much as you are still convalescing, so just take it easy. Sending you HUGS. William xx

Reactions: 13lizanne

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Friday at last.
An action packed week. I survived. :$
(Lost my use of emoticons)

Thanks to the support of you guys. You know who you are, thank you. :) :) :)

I wonder what the weekend holds. Rain on Sunday is expected here.
How is @eldergarth and @tina_marie ? I hope Ron has received help at last.
@Cumberland I bet football will show some surprises. Any match of big interest to you this weekend? @Diamum5972 I hope you kick your family lergy bug in the but and your mum avoids it. Vit C getting refreshed this week in our house.
GP will be dishing out flu jab soon.
@Liam1955 your results should be ready next week. I'll be with you all the way.
@13lizanne you confirm my instincts in human nature. I always knew, first impression that you should have been pushed forward to keep us right. Very righteous but in a very positive, loving way. You're such a wonderful person. I want the whole world to know that. I feel greedy hiding your beautiful nature, just for a selective few. Thank you for your huge support in my personal life recently.
I feek blessed to have such wonderful e-friends. ;)

Reactions: Diamum5972

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @KevinPotts for your kind words on my FBG returning to 5.2 - yep, not happy with the 7s - and also had a couple of days of 8s. Realised just how important exercise is, even if I'm been pretty good on LCHF. Have swam every morning this week and it has a definite impact on the numbers.

@ickihun, thanks for your support words as always. Keep going, you are doing great.

I do find it amazing (and I guess disappointing) how it just takes a few bad days and I feel pretty rubbish - guess it's the carb hangover. Always feels awesome to get back on track.

(Posted here so I don't take the FBG thread off track - I feel like a veteran now and know how things work around here :):))