Well I guess this is my positive

Sarahfergo

Hi all I just got my bfp today and just wondering what I have to do as I'm already under preconception at hospital. When will they see me and do you get more scans?

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all I just got my bfp today and just wondering what I have to do as I'm already under preconception at hospital. When will they see me and do you get more scans?

I gave my DSN a call as soon as I got my positive and was then seen by the Diabetic Pregnancy team very quickly. They offered me an apointment the day after my phone call but I chose to go a week later. That was just for the initial chat/info and was very thorough.

Yes, you do get extra scans. There are growth scans later in pregnancy - more than a 'normal' woman would usually have.

Give your team a call - and congratulations :)

Sarahfergo

Thank you I rang today and she wants to see me next week on Tuesday, and I have to go to docs this week to get a community midwife. Eeeek it's all very exciting and nerve racking at the same time. Im having tuns of hypos x

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Be prepared as pregnancy hypos are quite different and can be quite fierce and unpredictable. Test lots and keep Lucozade and glucose tablets near. I used to get up tontest in the night so I could eat something if I was going a bit low.

Once you get to meet your team (mine were fantastic and very lovely) you'll find it more exciting than nerve-wracking, I hope :)