johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
Well, here we are now manager less!
Brabin sacked, and I think it's the right decision!
I did say five games ago, we were extremely fortunate to get the good start we had.
Yesterday was unacceptable from a full time professional football team hamstrung by ineffective tactics and tactically inept, needed a change mid first half, never happened, a few coaches against us, knew what we were about, the players knew it seems as well, lost the fans, we are not gullible, we know football, you cannot starve your forwards of quality, without the other team taking charge of the game.
Anyway, will see what happens next!

My youth team lost 5-4 in an entertaining game. Down 4-1 half time!
I know, sack the coach!

Good win for saints!
Oops utd lose again!
Sack the manager!

Hope the sacking of the manager helps you get going again :)

Reactions: Lamont D

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a friend who supports Man U (no really, he's quite a nice guy :)) and he is hoping that Mourinho is given some slack. There's a lot of pressure for the team to perform, particularly since their owners have the club mortgaged up to the eyeballs, but it needs time to pull things together and for everyone to get used to a new management style. The ghost of Ferguson looms over everything that happens at Old Trafford but people tend to forget that it took some time - and some patience with mediocre performances over a few years - before the glory days arrived.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have a friend who supports Man U (no really, he's quite a nice guy :)) and he is hoping that Mourinho is given some slack. There's a lot of pressure for the team to perform, particularly since their owners have the club mortgaged up to the eyeballs, but it needs time to pull things together and for everyone to get used to a new management style. The ghost of Ferguson looms over everything that happens at Old Trafford but people tend to forget that it took some time - and some patience with mediocre performances over a few years - before the glory days arrived.

Rovers are a very small club compared to the giants of the premiership around the Merseyside and Manchester area. However we are going through a few seasons of turmoil simply because, we had a manager who outperformed every other manager we have ever had.
His style and achievements are the most successful during his tenure, only John Aldridge came even close, and he also performed miracles getting us to a major cup final. But the bread and butter of promotion and bringing silverware to the club, there was only one magician, his name was Johnny King! Three promotions, Wembley trips galore, and the respect of the football community.
He did all this on a budget that couldn't compare with the bigger clubs we were beating week in and week out!
Since then, around the turn of the century, we were hanging on in there, with a string of managerial appointments that didn't live up to what had happened to the club. A succession of managers that didn't have the money or the know-how to get the club back to even winning ways.
The downward slide continued and that's one of the reasons why we are where we are!
The majority of older, wiser, knowledgeable supporter, recognize the deficiencies of some of our recent incumbents. We know when something is not right!
The younger more rash supporters are not as tolerant and it is them that sully the club's reputation and add even more pressure on the manager than it it should be.
I can remember a time when managers were rightly revered for the hard job they did. Now they are sometimes scapegoats for the boardroom for there policies within the club, when the club doesn't get results.
A coach and a manager is a different role, most managers are now just coaches that don't have a lot of say on who or how they go about the business of running the football side of a modern football club.
The amount of money at the top of football and so called supporters react to results because of the astronomical fees payed for world class players.
Instant success is paramount. The press and media fuel speculation like a dog with a bone, not letting go until it has ripped apart a managers carrier and an agenda to disrupt clubs to make headlines. To sell newspapers.
Football is a great sport, undermined by idiots!

Reactions: johnboy412000

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wise words, Nosher. Whilst it wasn't quite the same, the Saints went through a period of rubbish managers with no money to spend, after the Gordon Strachan era. Within a couple of years of playing an FA Cup Final in 2003, they were relegated, first to the Championship and then to Division 1, during which time, they became bankrupt. If it weren't for the Leibherr family and their money, we'd probably still be there. Whilst it's great to be back in the Prem, it is a business nowadays, and it takes money to get there, and to remain.

Still, it could be worse: If I lived a few miles to the east, I might be supporting Pompey in Division 2 ...... :)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Wise words, Nosher. Whilst it wasn't quite the same, the Saints went through a period of rubbish managers with no money to spend, after the Gordon Strachan era. Within a couple of years of playing an FA Cup Final in 2003, they were relegated, first to the Championship and then to Division 1, during which time, they became bankrupt. If it weren't for the Leibherr family and their money, we'd probably still be there. Whilst it's great to be back in the Prem, it is a business nowadays, and it takes money to get there, and to remain.

Still, it could be worse: If I lived a few miles to the east, I might be supporting Pompey in Division 2 ...... :)

Cannot understand why anyone would want to support pompey!;)
Not many supporters of the giants now, don't actually reside in the postcode area of the club! It is well known fact, that there are more coaches for home fans than there are for away fans at both utd and Liverpoo.
Money doesn't mean success but it certainly helps.
Rovers are one of the professional football clubs that are not in debt at all.
And we still own our ground!
Even all the giants can't say that!

Reactions: jay hay-char

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Who you all got this weekend?

We're at home v Wycombe Wanderers

Sons home for the weekend so I'll have some company got our tickets yesterday

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
We have Woking!

What with all the goings on and injuries we have picked up, should be really interesting to see who plays and how the interim manager sends the team out.
Change of tactics and shape methinks for sure. It couldn't be any worse than last week! And I thought (wrongly) that we were going to smash everyone!

happier than you

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What happened to Tranmere? Winning every game, now gone pish. Was it a case of not as good as the start suggested and law of averages rectifying it?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
What happened to Tranmere? Winning every game, now gone pish. Was it a case of not as good as the start suggested and law of averages rectifying it?

We had a great pre season and a reasonable start to the season, but it was evident that the system we was playing was going to get us into trouble, the tactics to easy to beat and the confidence of the players went!
The manager wouldn't change his tactics and shape, the team just stopped playing.
The manager lost the fans, they could see he had lost the battle./
Then all of a sudden loads of injuries, small squad, the chairman acted, assistant manager promoted, heard some good things, hopefully change our fortunes and hopefully watching some entertaining footie.
We will see, nothing surprises me any more!
Watching your beloved club go through this level of football is hard, watching us lose is never easy, can things get worse? Course they can! It's Rovers!

happier than you

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We had a great pre season and a reasonable start to the season, but it was evident that the system we was playing was going to get us into trouble, the tactics to easy to beat and the confidence of the players went!
The manager wouldn't change his tactics and shape, the team just stopped playing.
The manager lost the fans, they could see he had lost the battle./
Then all of a sudden loads of injuries, small squad, the chairman acted, assistant manager promoted, heard some good things, hopefully change our fortunes and hopefully watching some entertaining footie.
We will see, nothing surprises me any more!
Watching your beloved club go through this level of football is hard, watching us lose is never easy, can things get worse? Course they can! It's Rovers!

Lol sounds familiar. Things can always get worse if you support one of those clubs in a tailspin. Does Higdon still play for you? Seeing him for Sheff Utd i thought you'd made a mistake signing him. Showed next to nothing in about 2 seasons. I'm sure your fans would have thought "wow, this is a coup, a player from 2 divisions higher" but not sure i'd play him for the pub team on what he did for us. Pretty much just a fat lump stood waiting for corners.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Lol sounds familiar. Things can always get worse if you support one of those clubs in a tailspin. Does Higdon still play for you? Seeing him for Sheff Utd i thought you'd made a mistake signing him. Showed next to nothing in about 2 seasons. I'm sure your fans would have thought "wow, this is a coup, a player from 2 divisions higher" but not sure i'd play him for the pub team on what he did for us. Pretty much just a fat lump stood waiting for corners.

Another panic loan, that was over at the end of the season. He was no worse than some of the others we had on loan. Likeable fella, but not impressed.
Always enjoyed my visits to Bramhall lane.

happier than you

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Another panic loan, that was over at the end of the season. He was no worse than some of the others we had on loan. Likeable fella, but not impressed.
Always enjoyed my visits to Bramhall lane.

Bramall lol, no H! Or as we call it, slightly tongue in cheek, Beautiful Downtown Bramall Lane. And we still play there, unlike most clubs these days with their shiny new stadiums. Doesn't that got on your wick?? It does me! Soccer Saturday or whatever..."there's a goal at the ding-dong ring-a-ding K-smeg stadium"...erm there's a goal WHEEEEEEEEEERE? :arghh:

Just read that Bradford City's ground used to called Coral Windows Stadium, but will now be called Northern Commercials Stadium. Errrrr...no...it wasn't...and no it won't be...it has always been and always will be, called Valley Parade, by anybody who doesn't touch kids!

Last edited:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Ours is still called Prenton Park.
For how long nobody knows but I'm glad were not sponsored by home and bargain any more!!!

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Brunton Park has always been Brunton Park

Would sound daft if it was sponsored by Tena Lady or Durex

Reactions: Lamont D

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We've got Wet Spam at the Olympic Stadium tomorrow: always a needle match, in a good-natured sort of way. :)

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
We got Reading away and looking to notch up another win and keep our top slot. UTT :)

Good luck everyone hope you all get a good result :)

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Ouch we are down to 10 men and 1-0 down at Half time. Not impressed with Vanlaparra sent off for Dessent stupid man and for some strange reason Palmer has been replaced by Bunn after just 28 mins and now Loewe has been yellow carded and will miss the Rotherham game on Tuesday night. To cap it all Norwich are winning and gone top. :mad:

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
And we lose and get knocked off top spot :bigtears: Bad game players booked left right and bloody centre. Gunna be minus a few star players on Tuesday night due to the 5 Yellow card rule.

Well done Tranmere Nosher has something to smile about i reckon :D
Carlisle won too Cumberland will also be smiling well done lads :D

Man City notch up their 6th only team in all the leagues with an 100% record