Type 2 Type 2 question: Was anyone ever started on insulin and then gone on oral meds only?

Seeker2016

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, I wanted to find this out, if this happens, and even if you had the option would you take it?

Wayne78

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Wasting my time on frivolous matters
Seeker 2016, yes this happen to me when i was first diagnosed, this seems to be the prefered course of action .

Neohdiver

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello, I wanted to find this out, if this happens, and even if you had the option would you take it?
My understanding is that starting on insulin for T2, then dropping back to oral meds is the reverse of the normal course - unless you are able to take charge of your blood glucose..

I know a number of people who have moved from insulin to oral meds (or none) following a low carb diet. Most of them didn't start on insulin, though - they typically started on oral meds, moved up to insulin, discovered low carb eating, and were able to eliminate the need for insulin by avoiding carbohydrates.

Seeker2016

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks, yes it is the reverse of the normal process. I understand though some type 2s can have very high bg on diagnosis, be prescribed insulin and once they have that under control, go to oral medications that increase insulin sensitivity.