Weight loss

S

Shar67

i have lost 10kg in weight, in 4 weeks, stopped eating bread and rice that is only change. Haven't lost size.
Yesterday I ate some bread and had to go to bed as it seemed to drain energy.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Drained of energy was how I used to feel after my "healthy wholegrain" oats breakfast - I would quite frequently go back to bed :blackeye:

I think giving up grains is one of the best things I've ever done for my health.

Last edited:
Reactions: Freema

lynn007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
animal abuse
I love bread but I am determined to reverse this diabetes I have gained to much weight and need to shake it off..less active than I would like to be, due to arthritis so need change the diet so started eating salad at every meal dont like it but there u go I also don't like eggs but will give it a try I won't eat meat I am vegetarian but there are plenty alternatives for meat.:)

Reactions: Freema

lynn007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
animal abuse
You would love one local place a short walk from a metro stop on the Orange Line. Not only do they make soymilk from scratch and have an herbal version with Vietnamese herbs, but they also make their own fried tofu in various flavors like with nigella seeds or other natural flavor treats and they have long strings of shredded veggies and they are inexpensive. Unfortunately, at the end of one counter they also make carborific bubble drinks but the healthy stuff is a godsend because you just get about 2 dollars of fried pieces, mix with some snow peas and mushrooms or whatever and maybe some shredded veggies and you can have a ton of food for four. Add one of the green soy milks and it's a feast.

http://edencenter.com/portfolio/thanh-son-tofu/

So maybe you have a Vietnamese place near you?
Thanks Contralto for your advice I don't have any shop like that here but we do have plenty of other shops.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Starches grains and carbs always make me sleepy and gain weight. Not just a bs issue. Glad you're dropping weight. Inflammation is never good. You're on the right road ...good for you. I bet if you continue to cut your carbs you'll keep losing! And the added bonus of energy!!