PALEO!!!

ozzierojas212

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is it truly as good as it looks? (Besides the price tag)
Found some coconut bread with 1 digestible carb. Also found some protein bars with 1 digestible carb. Found some shirataki noodles with no carbs. Is this something anyone has experience with? Does the paleo diet work?

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Just be careful to rinse the shirataki noodles very very well and follow the directions on the pack or they will taste like rotten fish.

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I have looked for the dry ones but have been unable to find them in Canada. I can't stand the brine the wet ones are in.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My personal feeling (maybe I'm too much of a purist) is that if it's packaged food, it can't possibly be Paleo :angelic::joyful:

Neohdiver

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Found some coconut bread with 1 digestible carb. Also found some protein bars with 1 digestible carb. Found some shirataki noodles with no carbs. Is this something anyone has experience with? Does the paleo diet work?
No opinions on Paleo, but I eat the Shirataki noodles. They work reasonably well in any dish where rice noodles would be pleasant. I've tried a number of varieties, and never had any problem with the smell that others report.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
you really don't need to buy that manufactured ****.

real ingredients, cook from scratch, avoid grains, quality fats.

Decent meat/fish/veg protein, fresh veggies, nuts, seeds relax a bit with dairy if you want. Surely the whole point of paleo is simplicity?

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
With both low carb and paleo diets you should be eating mainly (or at least more) UNprocessed foods as @Indy51 and @ElyDave have said, not trendily labelled expensive junk.
  • Don't be gullible and conned by weasley word advertising.
  • Don't make the mistake of swapping carbs for chemicals either - and definitely read all nutritional labelling before you buy.
And I don't believe they actually had protein bars in paleolithic times did they?? :D

Robbity

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
For sure a real paleo diet doesn't include packaged/processed food. It is essentially fresh, minimally processed meat, seafood and veg.