Type 2 Life

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When you get strips again @PenfoldAPD suck on a fresh lemon and see if it lowers your bg. When i was newly diagnosed slimline bitter lemon helped me out but unsure why. See if it works for you. No guarantee but it doesnt work for me now. Any tip helps sometimes. ;)

I haven't followed this advice yet @ickihun - I'm not sure even a lower BG is worth sucking on a lemon for! Can I just put it in my gin and slimline tonic LOL

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Friday at last.
An action packed week. I survived. :$
(Lost my use of emoticons)

Thanks to the support of you guys. You know who you are, thank you. :) :) :)

I wonder what the weekend holds. Rain on Sunday is expected here.
How is @eldergarth and @tina_marie ? I hope Ron has received help at last.
@Cumberland I bet football will show some surprises. Any match of big interest to you this weekend? @Diamum5972 I hope you kick your family lergy bug in the but and your mum avoids it. Vit C getting refreshed this week in our house.
GP will be dishing out flu jab soon.
@Liam1955 your results should be ready next week. I'll be with you all the way.
@13lizanne you confirm my instincts in human nature. I always knew, first impression that you should have been pushed forward to keep us right. Very righteous but in a very positive, loving way. You're such a wonderful person. I want the whole world to know that. I feel greedy hiding your beautiful nature, just for a selective few. Thank you for your huge support in my personal life recently.
I feek blessed to have such wonderful e-friends. ;)
Morning Vicky, morning all. Ron had a good day yesterday still got pain but no seizures. Managed to get down to the boat club. It seems his restless legs are back as Las night in bed they were thrashing about all over the place but I've found a way to stop that ., He sees the neurologist next week different one from last time. Then back to the GP to update him.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Friday at last.

@Cumberland I bet football will show some surprises. Any match of big interest to you this weekend? @Diamum5972 I hope you kick your family lergy bug in the but and your mum avoids it. Vit C getting refreshed this week in our house.
@13lizanne you confirm my instincts in human nature. I always knew, first impression that you should have been pushed forward to keep us right. Very righteous but in a very positive, loving way. You're such a wonderful person. I want the whole world to know that. I feel greedy hiding your beautiful nature, just for a selective few. Thank you for your huge support in my personal life recently.
Well said Vicky! Even though I haven't been on here as much as I'd like you guys never fail to support me. Even when I'm feeling rubbish this thread is the first place I come to. Hugs to all of you too, @13lizanne, @Liam1955, @doolallylady and of course our butt-kicking ninja @debrasue!

Reactions: Cumberland

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Friday at last.

I concur @ickihun

I too feel the support and friendship particularly on this very thread

Long may it prosper

This is a case where 'we are all in it together' so to speak in one way or another

The support on here is excellent I try my best to look on here as part of my daily routine

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Well said Vicky! Even though I haven't been on here as much as I'd like you guys never fail to support me. Even when I'm feeling rubbish this thread is the first place I come to. Hugs to all of you too, @13lizanne, @Liam1955, @doolallylady and of course our butt-kicking ninja @debrasue!

We're playing at home v Wycombe Wanderers our son is home this evening from Newcastle and he is going with me tomorrow

Got our tickets yesterday

C'mon Sunderland hope they win for you this weekend

Reactions: Liam1955

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@ickihun - Agree with you - Vicky. We all 'bounce off' each other's energies which keeps us strong.:)
Don't know where the 8.6 came from this morning? I believe it was a definite Liver Dump that had occurred - never had my usual supper of Crackers & Cheese last night before midnight.

Reactions: doolallylady

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@ickihun ihun - Agree with you Vicky. We all 'bounce off' each other's energies which keeps us strong.:)
Don't know where the 8.6 came from this morning? I believe it was a definite Liver Dump that had occurred - never had my usual supper of Crackers & Cheese last night before midnight.
Totally agree.
Tut tut get that liver dump block going again. It's amazing how it works!
I try and do a breakfast block too but sometimes forget. Never been a huge breakfast fan. (Only when staying in hotels).
Ive nibbled on nuts or had a coffee with cream on rising which works wonders in stopping rising bgs if breakfast is a undesirable.
If only I remembered these things religiously or out of habit. I read somewhere that you have to do new action 50-80 times before it becomes a habit. Not sure if true thou. @DumfriesDik .

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Evening all, Ron was doing so well until 20 mins ago when I heard banging from the bedroom. Another seizure .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Evening all, Ron was doing so well until 20 mins ago when I heard banging from the bedroom. Another seizure .
I hope it was his only one. And a peaceful night is/was had!
My pain has kicked off old scatica now. In a bit of a state.
Son has hospital appointment tuesday out of town. I need to see my gp on wednesday to see what he wants to do as naproxen tablets are finished. They didnt make that much of a difference. Co-codamol more helpful. Still taking them.

doolallylady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ickihun & @tina_marie

Hope you both & Ron have a peaceful night. There's nothing worse than being in pain & discomfort of any kind (that includes worries) and then being sleep deprived on top of that. Fingers crossed. Karen xx

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Morning all, it's been a difficult couple of days - yesterday on my way back from work experience I had a false hypo, my BG only went down to 4.5 but I was carrying heavy shopping bags which made it feel worse. I did completely the wrong thing and overcompensated by eating a nutrigrain bar, a packet of crisps and a chocolate bar whoops! My BG was up and down like a yoyo all night and this morning it was 7.4 which is the highest it's been for a long while. Today is going to be stressful enough anyway, it's the 8th anniversary of my dad passing away. We're all going up to the graveyard this afternoon to pay our respects and put fresh flowers on his grave, if anyone has any hugs to offer they would be gratefully received

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, it's been a difficult couple of days - yesterday on my way back from work experience I had a false hypo, my BG only went down to 4.5 but I was carrying heavy shopping bags which made it feel worse. I did completely the wrong thing and overcompensated by eating a nutrigrain bar, a packet of crisps and a chocolate bar whoops! My BG was up and down like a yoyo all night and this morning it was 7.4 which is the highest it's been for a long while. Today is going to be stressful enough anyway, it's the 8th anniversary of my dad passing away. We're all going up to the graveyard this afternoon to pay our respects and put fresh flowers on his grave, if anyone has any hugs to offer they would be gratefully received

Sorry to hear you've had a bad couple of days. Suggest you just get through today and then worry about your BG level again. Mine is always higher when I have stress in my life.

Hope today goes ok for you, sending you many hugs x

doolallylady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Diamum5972

Hi Barbara,
Sorry to hear of your woes, I hope this was just a little, one off glitch for you.

Tons of cwtches coming your way, wrap them round you with love and best wishes. I really hope that the good and special memories that you have of your Dad are foremost for you and the family today. Karen xxxxx

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hugs galore for you Barbara. ♡♥♡

Reactions: Diamum5972

doolallylady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning everyone,

I hope it's a good day for you all, the sun is shining here. I just cheated and had 2 malted milk biscuits (just because I fancied them with a cuppa), took a reading after half hour and it's 9.4 :bigtears:. That'll teach me.
There's still cwtches available for those who need them.
Karen xx

Reactions: Diamum5972

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@Diamum5972 - Here's big HUGS from me Barbara too.:) William xx (Got my Mum's next month and it's only 6 years)

doolallylady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning William & Vicky,

Hope you're both having a good day or at least an improvement on the bad ones!!! xxx

Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Bgs have been higher than normal. Must be pain and discomfort. Lots of changes but feel all positive to me.
Does co-codamol affect your bgs? Naproxen?
In my mind I can walk anywhere for as long as it takes but this lump of a body has other ideas. I need to drag it along now instead of the toddler. It seems! Ha ha
I'm being restricted at every turn. Something nasty must be stopping me getting on.
Fortunately I have other ideas. Never been one to let something stop me. Even this lump of a body.
I'm going to try and kick it into shape. It's a big job but I'm ready to make a start.
Don't ask me where to start as only walking for now.
In bit and starts.
If I sit down it would relieve all the pressure for a few more minutes then I can walk til cannot bare anymore then sit few minutes then walk. Ha ha it's hilarious! Luckily will have monday to experiment with this theory. Wish me luck?