Type 2 Life

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@ickihun - And you poor thing Vicky, don't like to hear that you are suffering with Pain and Discomfort. Don't know what to suggest for you? Sending you big HUGS :) William xx

doolallylady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not too bad, thanks William. Lee gone to Ibiza today for 10 days, I told him not to cancel just because of the funeral. I'm never happy/comfortable (selfish I know) when either of my kids are away in case anything goes wrong and I can't get to them quickly. Ray tells me that they're all grown now, but they're still MY babies, lol . xxx

Vicky, try not to overdo it, I know you're raring to go but you have to pace yourself and build up gradually. I'm rooting for you xxx

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Home today. Housework to share with hubby. Wanted a lie-in but no toddler had other ideas. Might need to recoup my sleep lost, later.
Breezey here.
Saw a cat with a mouse in it's mouth yesterday. I wonder whose garden will be dug up for it! Luckily not mine.
I find it hard to relax. I feel I must be always doing something. I'll sit on my hands today, well will try. I do recover from injury when I rest but not sure if pelvic pain is an injury or arthritis. Rest can help me.
Plan on seeing gp this week. Disappointed scatica back. I'm a walking painkiller. Not sure I can sustain the amount of pain killers on my kidneys/liver. Liver was struggling last year just from metformin.
See what gp suggests.
I've heard sometimes the pain gets worse before it gets better. Is that true? @Liam1955

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Thanks everyone for your good wishes, they're much appreciated. It was difficult as always but luckily A was able to come with us (last year he was at college!) and he reminded us that dad would never want us to remember him with sadness. I'm feeling a bit better now I'm relaxing with a cuppa and my knitting, A has just started playing Star Trek online so he'll be there all night!

spmccann

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Back again. I well and truly fell of the wagon for the two years. A bit despondent but I'll have to get over it. BG level 9.0 . Have put on 10 kilos in the last years. Feeling a bit sorry for myself. Going to try the 10 week low carb program. Wish me luck.

Reactions: Serena51

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@spmccann - Hello and Welcome back to your second home :). We all stray from the path from time to time, you will soon get back on.
A lot of Forum Members follow the LCHF Diet (Low Carb High Fat) and they lose weight and bring down their Blood Sugars as well as HBA1C.
Have a look: http://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/60-seconds

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
How is @eldergarth and @tina_marie ? @Cumberland ? (Sunderland afc such an embarrassment).
@amgrundy ? @maureen5752 ? [USER=108082]@eddie1968 how is new med panning out?
I hope everyone is well!
Very tired so might fall in. Hope to see your posts soon everyone. V[/USER]
Evening Vicky. Ron is really bad at the moment struggling with mobility . He cant bend and when he does he gets stuck trying to get back up again . I've given up trying to tell him not to bend . Hes gone to bed and his back is burning up. As for me I think I might have a touch of arthritis in my fingers as for the past few days they have been really stiff and bending them there definitely is some mild pain.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Evening Vicky. Ron is really bad at the moment struggling with mobility . He cant bend and when he does he gets stuck trying to get back up again . I've given up trying to tell him not to bend . Hes gone to bed and his back is burning up. As for me I think I might have a touch of arthritis in my fingers as for the past few days they have been really stiff and bending them there definitely is some mild pain.
Look after yourself @tina_marie as Ron has your back covered but when he's struggling it must be very difficult. See your gp when you can. My sister has arthritis in her fingers too. She was a typist but things have changed for her.
I know she uses a cream but unsure its name. See gp for help hun. Don't neglect yourself. Your health is important too.
I do feel for Ron. I hope he can keep his spirits up. Yours too. Thinking of you both. Please keep us updated. :)

spmccann

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Liam1955 Thanks for the encouragement , I'm going to give the ten week program here a try. There seems to be a consensus here that low carb is the way to go. First I've got to kick my chocolate addiction. I'm going cold turkey this week.

D

debrasue

Hi, Tina.
I'm so sorry that Ron is still having these awful problems - it must seem like there's no end to this for you both... I'm sorry to hear about the pain in your fingers, too. Arthritis is a very frustrating condition; not only is there the pain to deal with but it prevents you from doing many things you used to take for granted and enjoy. I find that if I rub lots of moisturising cream into my fingers, then put on some cotton gloves and cuddle a hot water bottle, it does help with the arthritis pain in my fingers. It's not a cure, but it does provide some very welcome relief when the pain is bad.
Cold and damp seem to be the worst culprits; my pain levels sank to virtually zero while we were away, but they've come back with a vengeance this morning.
Sending you and Ron big hugs, and I hope things get better for you soon xx

Reactions: Liam1955
D

debrasue

@Liam1955 Thanks for the encouragement , I'm going to give the ten week program here a try. There seems to be a consensus here that low carb is the way to go. First I've got to kick my chocolate addiction. I'm going cold turkey this week.
Hi @spmccann - welcome back to the forums. As a fellow chocoholic I'm happy to tell you that you don't need to go cold turkey on our drug of choice. I use either Chocologic sugar-free chocolate, or 85-90% dark chocolate melted and mixed with double cream. Does the trick every time!
Good luck with the LCHF programme! You're going to love it...
:)

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Hi, Tina.
I'm so sorry that Ron is still having these awful problems - it must seem like there's no end to this for you both... I'm sorry to hear about the pain in your fingers, too. Arthritis is a very frustrating condition; not only is there the pain to deal with but it prevents you from doing many things you used to take for granted and enjoy. I find that if I rub lots of moisturising cream into my fingers, then put on some cotton gloves and cuddle a hot water bottle, it does help with the arthritis pain in my fingers. It's not a cure, but it does provide some very welcome relief when the pain is bad.
Cold and damp seem to be the worst culprits; my pain levels sank to virtually zero while we were away, but they've come back with a vengeance this morning.
Sending you and Ron big hugs, and I hope things get better for you soon xx
Thank you @debrasue my nan had it really bad in her hands . As she got older she couldn't straighten her fingers but she never complained . I can see hot water bottles coming out this year . Must be my age .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
No change for now. At GP appointment wednesday morning for advice. Son at hospital appointment out of town tomorrow. I wonder what child doctor will suggest.
Hi to everyone. Hope your Monday went well. A lovely intimate lunch then peaceful home before boys return from school. Yep. The noisy boys are back.
I made an early dinner so hoping for an early night tonight. Fingers crossed. ;)

Reactions: tina_marie

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

As a former milk chocoholic, I can attest that the low carb, highish fat helped curb my sugar/chocolate cravings and they are extremely rare these days. Dark chocolate just doesn't do it for me, and I'd rather have no chocolate than one I dislike intensely.

spmccann

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As a former milk chocoholic, I can attest that the low carb, highish fat helped curb my sugar/chocolate cravings and they are extremely rare these days. Dark chocolate just doesn't do it for me, and I'd rather have no chocolate than one I dislike intensely.
I hope so. I just don't have the will power to have one square. Thanks for the encouragement.