Game to get to know each other

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
I always wanted to be a welder/machinist. They can make anything they need.

What kind of pistol do you carry for protection? (Sorry if you live in one of those countries that doesn't allow it, I live in Texas, where everybody carries)

Alternate question: What is your horse's name?

Hi @oldsurveyor. Your questions made me smile. In the UK, not only do we not carry arms, but most of us don't have a horse. Two, undoubtedly great countries, that speak the same language, but whom are poles apart in many other respects. But, I love that diversity, & admire the ethos of the Constitution.

So, in the absence of a pistol OR a horse...I'm going to give the name I've called my car. Most people, or family, in the UK have a car. I don't know if everyone names their car, but I've always named mine. My electric pony is called Bobby.

Question: What fragrance/cologne did you wear on your wedding day? If unmarried, what was the first fragrance you ever used?

Reactions: 2 people

oldsurveyor

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Old spice

My truck is called Ernie

Do women frequent public houses?
They did not do so here until the 1980s as far as I know

What kind of pavement is on the street to your home?

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Horses and pistols? There's neither in my world! I live in the UK, and would worry if I knew any of my friends owned pistols, and I'm not rich enough to own a horse. Or do a job which entails riding one. This really brings home how different our lives are!

But here's a real fantasy question. Money no object, and imagine everything everywhere's up for grabs, what work of art would you choose?

oldsurveyor

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The Milky Way

(You did say everything everywhere)

What's the pavement type on the street in front of your house?

Last edited by a moderator:

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
favourite kind of party is one that includes my immediate family and a couple of close friends. Cant be doing with inviting people for the sake of it. Probably makes me boring

What do you eat for breakfast on a regular Wednesday?

S

Shar67

I don't eat the same thing any particular day, but today I had scrambled eggs

Black or brown shoes

doolallylady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
natural or dyed hair?

I've had both, at the moment it's natural but I'm thinking of colouring again soon (cos it's getting on my nerves).

Favourite place in the UK?

just_undiscovered_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds, bright lights, shopping, arrogance, reality TV shows..
It's got to be BATH, beautiful part of the U.K with all the Roman baths and history... Wonderful indeed
A night at the opera or a football match?

Last edited by a moderator:

just_undiscovered_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds, bright lights, shopping, arrogance, reality TV shows..
Sorry forgot my ?at the end

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Both but shoes for ease of removal

Music or Reading?

ickleowl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People asking my husband how I am, or what is wrong with me. It's my legs that don't work - the mouth & brain are still functioning normally
Dreams. Anything can and often does happen.

If you could be anyone famous for a day,(living or dead, real or fictional) who would it be, & why?

ickleowl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People asking my husband how I am, or what is wrong with me. It's my legs that don't work - the mouth & brain are still functioning normally
I'd like to be a busy bumblebee buzzing around the foxgloves in a typical English country garden.

Ornamental or Wildlife pond?

ickleowl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Both! Though if I had to pick just one, it would have to be edible. I love growing my own herbs & veg, & am going to try strawberries this year.

Fish or fowl for dinnr

Fish or Fowl for dinner?

ickleowl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I'm in a wheelchair when I leave the house now, though I can manage on a stick or zimmer frame indoors - but back in the day, I loved to walk

You've been elected President of the newly created Setebaid. What's your first law?

bluepatch9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ronaldinho because he is a football legend :)

If you could be a celebrity for a day who would you be and why?

Reactions: 2 people

Hellrazor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Latin. As before English it was probably the most used language in the world

Question If you had the chance to be anyone in the world past or present excluding celebrities who would it be

ShyTransCat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Myself. Being able to be yourself is actually more precious than some might think.

If you could live in a city under the ocean, or a city in the clouds, which would it be?

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Assuming I've grown the gills I've always wanted, I'd like to be....under the sea. I'm happiest in, on or under water and most of my hobbies reflect that.

What was the most important decision you ever made?