Today I'm Going To... Buddy Support Thread

primmers

Okeypoke, here's the deal. Research says that we're more likely to stick to plans of we announce them in public and make ourselves accountable to friends who will be interested in how it goes. I thought it might be good to have a thread where we could state our objectives for the day and then report back later on as to how it was going. Along the way we can cheer each other on where things go well and offer a supportive hand on the arm when, for whatever reason, they don't.
My aims for the day are to:-
Do 30 mins on the treadmill
Listen to my relaxation cd before bed
Buy some low carb ingredients to make some low carb food

Anyone want to join in?

primmers

Mods, can you move this? I didn't mean for it to go in Type 2 with Insulin, my stupid phone jumped the screen when I was starting to post :0(

edited by mod -- moved to general chat forum

Last edited by a moderator:

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been ill for three days, and am only really starting to feel half way human now. However, I am going to head to Sainsburys (I usually do the shopping mid week because I work from home, and we're out of everything) and, if I'm not pole-axed by that, I may carry on with a bit of window painting - a work in progress over the past couple of weeks. However, my main priority, if I'm honest, is not to overdo it, and set back my recovery.

Reactions: primmers

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Update: I've been to do the shopping and I'm a bit energy diminished as they say. Can't do any painting atm because there's been a shower (not forecast) and everything is wet. Well; that's my excuse, anyway.....

primmers

Sounds sensible - you said your main aim is to keep your recovery on track.
Meanwhile, the cistern on the upstairs loo has broken. We've been to B&Q for the bits to mend it and are trying to get up the nerve to actually start. Dread to think what my BP is right now ; hate DIY with a vengeance. Oh to be rich enough to have a housekeeper to sort stuff like this out for me...

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Update: I've been to do the shopping and I'm a bit energy diminished as they say. Can't do any painting atm because there's been a shower (not forecast) and everything is wet. Well; that's my excuse, anyway.....
You stick with that excuse....actually it is a reason... not an excuse :)

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How very true .....

Could you just explain to Mrs h-c. please? :D :D

(I'm being unfair to her, she's being brilliant at the moment)

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
She just needs to accept your excuse...er reason!

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Today I am going to forgo my milk at bedtime... see if that brings my FBG down

primmers

Fingers crossed. A blood pressure machine fell into my basket at LIDLs this afternoon. Today I am not going to do my blood pressure as it is sure to be sky high following an afternoon of DIY plumbing

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fingers crossed. A blood pressure machine fell into my basket at LIDLs this afternoon. Today I am not going to do my blood pressure as it is sure to be sky high following an afternoon of DIY plumbing
A suggestion about the BP monitor. Use it for a couple of weeks (i.e. strap the armband on and get it to take a reading) without looking at the numbers, then start keeping a record of things after that.

This was suggested to me by my GP because he reckoned I had White Coat Syndrome and that the sight and sound of a BP monitor doing its stuff was enough to send the numbers skywards on their own. It wasn't a cure in and of itself but the numbers after a couple of weeks were well down on the initial (scary) reading that I took when I first got home with the machine.

Suggestion number two: don't take a reading after being stuck in a traffic jam for an hour when you should be at an important meeting :)

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Definitely feeling better today, but still definitely feeling weak. The plan for the day is to walk to the local shop for the paper, which is about a 1/2 mile round trip, and if that goes OK, to take a longer walk later. I usually try to walk (briskly) at least 2 or 3 miles per day, which constitutes my main exercise, so I'm feeling the lack - the last such walk that I did was on Wednesday :eek:

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Take it easy jay hay-char. The half mile walk seems enough to begin with.

PS. I love your avatar!

Reactions: jay hay-char

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Take it easy jay hay-char. The half mile walk seems enough to begin with.

PS. I love your avatar!

Well; I went to get the newspaper, and felt fine when I got there, so I extended the walk back home via a detour that probably made it about a mile in total. Feel a little tired, but I suspect that even yesterday I would have spent the rest of the day on the sofa, not able to do much, so it's definitely an improvement.

Also, I beat the rain home - it's now drizzling gently - so I'm feeling very smug :smug:.

primmers

I did the relaxation but not the treadmill. Oops. Yesterday I did neither. Today I will do the treadmill, and put some Plumber's Mait putty on the oozing leak that we just can't stop off. And buy some apple cider vinegar to see whether it has an impact on my post evening meal bms (can you tell I've been watching Trust Me I'm a Doctor?)

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My aim today is to clean downstairs on the house and go locate some Crimbo wrapping paper so I can make a start on the items we have for the kids. Oh and maybe fit lunch in there somewhere. Later on I'm making some chicken and veg soup, love the smell of soup bubbling away

Knowing me I'll stay home and read my book instead hee hee