Meady74

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Tablets
Apologies, this is a bit sensitive.

I sometimes get really itchy, dry skin between my bottom and bits and bobs and sometimes the bits and bobs. I think this generally occurs when I have had too much sugar intake in one form or another. Is this normal and, what do you use to sooth it? I normally use e45 which rehydrates the area but doesn't always calm the itch.

I do try and watch what I eat but sometimes things get the better of me.

thanks.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
You need a diagnosis from your gp to be sure.
If diagnosed thrush then anti-fungal cream will ease the itch. Not the athletes foot cream. Thrush cream.
Best to get chemist or doc/nurse to have a look.

D

Deleted member 308541

When ever I get a uncontrollable urge to scratch the "nether regions", I use a cream that I use on my leg for dermatitis. It is a generic version of Betnovate called Antroquoril which is only available on prescription.

Near instant relief too. :D

C

chris lowe

Ask your pharmacist for an anti fungal cream like Canesten, the most common cause is tight underwear that wont let the air circulate. Keep the area clean and if you've got some use talc (baby powder is fine) to help absorb any sweat. Its important to keep cream going for at least a couple of weeks to make sure any infection has gone otherwise it will just come back again You may find it eases up in the winter when it's not so hot weatherwise.

Reactions: ickihun

tinyfilosofer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I've got fungal infection all over my back. I've been really healthy all my life until T1 arrives in a fanfare. Im giving up. My body is rotting. I'm a walking corpse. Why bother.......

wtaumme

This one is really sad but don't get so much upset, things will be fine soon. Why don't you go and ask advice from a dermatologist. They can surely help you to get your body back to its original features, they might help for sure.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I remember watching the TV show Embarrassing Bodies when a young man had a similar problem. She asked him if he had athletes foot and he had. She said remember socks before jocks as this helps to prevent spreading the fungus up your legs as you pull your jocks up.

I realise it's a bit late for you since you already have the itch but it might stop it coming back again once you have got rid of it.

Reactions: Struma

karona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Apologies, this is a bit sensitive.

I sometimes get really itchy, dry skin between my bottom and bits and bobs and sometimes the bits and bobs. I think this generally occurs when I have had too much sugar intake in one form or another. Is this normal and, what do you use to sooth it? I normally use e45 which rehydrates the area but doesn't always calm the itch.

I do try and watch what I eat but sometimes things get the better of me.

thanks.
I had exactly the same problem, but confined to my foreskin. Researching this suggested sugar in my urine was one possibility, so I tested my BG with a borrowed meter, it showed 18.3, and here I am :).
Canesten has been recommended, the active ingredient is Clotrimizole, which you can get as a generic at a fraction of the price.
Clean water rinse after every trip to the loo, dry and apply cream, and it cleared up after 3 or 4 days.

Now on Metformin (So I'm at the loo a lot :brb: ) my BG is below 7 consistently, and there's been no recurrence.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Meady74

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Tablets
Hi All, thanks for the replies. Definitely not fungus! Although I do get thrush if I have penicillin. This is just dry itchy skin between bottom and bits and bobs but sometimes really need to give the ball bag a good scratch too. Maybe just a man thing.....

Although I will get checked, just to be on the safe side :)

DumfriesDik

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbs
sometimes really need to give the ball bag a good scratch too. Maybe just a man thing.....

Spat my drink out. Real men put problems in the nether regions down to be a man thing you know. ;)

Hellrazor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Not had problems with bits and bobs.but did have problems on upper leg thigh area dry skin . One to try is when you bathe or shower use a lower temp ie Luke warm and a moisturizing soap.worked for me