Fasting Levels

ditzeeblonde

Hi

For the past 3 months since being diagnosed I have been following a low carb 20g per day diet, managed to lose 35lbs & BG's have dropped from 18.4 BUT I am struggling to get my fasting levels below 7.5. Throughout the day I'm ranging between 5.5-6.5 but cannot seem to drop my fasting levels. What else can I do to try & lower them??

Have my first MOT beginning of next month so be interesting to see how my results differ from when I was first diagnosed.

Any help or advice would be greatly recieved.

Many thanks Linzi.x

louiseb

Hi I cant really help you much I just advise that you talk it over with your diabetic nurse.
also make sure you are getting enough sleep not getting enough sleep can make your fasting levels higher than normal.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you having a snack before going to bed? - I find if I go to bed on less than 4.5 I liver dump in the night and have higher readings in the morning - just a small snack of some nuts or cheese - I don't go so low on carbs as yourself - I have about 120 - 130g a day but always save enough carbs for a couple of oatcakes before bed - works for me - always around 5 - 5.5 in the morning but if I miss my supper I am around 6.5 - 7

Its early days yet for you so just try experiementing and keep testing to see what works for you

ditzeeblonde

Thanks guys... both of those answers are relevant & really appreciated.
Haven't been sleeping well & usually don't eat after 7-7.30pm.

Good ares for me to improve on... thank you. xx