Am I in danger?

2808myles

Iwas put back on Insulin last October,Humulin 3 and still on 1000 metformin,morning and tea time,I started on 10mls in the morning,I,m now on 32mls morning,28mls teatime,my B/S are 14 morning going up to 20mls plus tea time.Am now getting worried that Ive got the druths, peeing during the night,tiered daily.My Nurse is blaming my diet which is nonesence,I'm type 2, any help appreciated.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Iwas put back on Insulin last October,Humulin 3 and still on 1000 metformin,morning and tea time,I started on 10mls in the morning,I,m now on 32mls morning,28mls teatime,my B/S are 14 morning going up to 20mls plus tea time.Am now getting worried that Ive got the druths, peeing during the night,tiered daily.My Nurse is blaming my diet which is nonesence,I'm type 2, any help appreciated.

Hi,

What is your diet..?

2808myles

Wheatabix x 2 morning,Wholemeal sandwiche lunch,Chicken,or Fish with veg,no exercise as I'm not able to walk any distance,my diet is not always the same I have eggs,red meat,all the healthy options but no change,thanks for your quick reply.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Milk with the wheatabix..? The bread (wholemeal or not.) may not be doing any "favours" either?

Can you define why your nurse is blaming the diet?

2808myles

She and her Diet experts have gave me this diet,they seem to go by the tried and tested,starve to get the B/S right,as I have said I'm not mobile and that is my problem,It's now am a number like thousands.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Have they tested to ensure you are a type 2 and not a type 1?

I take it that you have stopped any sugary drinks (if you had any)....and that you don't snack on anything?

What are your nurses considering to get your bloods lower?

Have nurses discussed other options of different insulins?

It may be better to swap the cereals to yogurt and perhaps nuts and making something like a lettuce wrap for lunch?

How are you thinking about your levels? What are you thinking should happen next?

2808myles

Am going to see the nurse tomorrow,forgot to tell you I'm on Victoza 1.2 as well,not done anything usefull. My diet will have to change somewhere as my B/S are way to high,and as I say I,m only a number but try and change that tomorrow.They done a C Peptide and said I,m type 2.

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Think you need to cut the carbs, pasta, rice, bread, potatoes. Eat only veg that grows above ground - mostly green stuff. Avoid fruit unless its berries. You can have bacon and eggs, omelette with chees etc. Cream in your coffee, all good stuff really.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Would agree with @dawnmc.

I would also ask if you could be seen by hospital consultant as it seems (as an outsider opinion) that your current healthcare people are running out of their educated training to help much...

It may be that you need stronger insulin like U500 or U200 but this needs consultants really to oversee. It ought to be discussed as personally I think your medication regime is too much in as far as different concoctions being added in (and not working).

A U200 basal / bolus regime and really dramatically cutting carbs may well help you more.

You also need some exercise.. Of some sort, unless you are paralysed in some manner....in which case I take that remark back.... But exercise is possible in some shape for 99% of people...