Type 2 Life

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
morning all, hope you are all well.

Funeral today, raise the proverbial glass/cup to Margaret this afternoon, if you will please, for a long life. well lived. Thank you.
Karen xx
Sending you hugs ,Karen, I'll be thinking of you xx

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Hi folks. Been absent there, been busy and having an Internet free period as I think it's a good idea. FBG 5.4 mmol/l. Feeling fine except the lousy autumnal weather here. Going to have a late dinner. :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Had ti cancel gp appointment today due to 9yr olds commitment.
Will call them to rebook for next week.
I seem busier since toddler in nursery. That wasnt the plan, immediately.
I think I need to get involved in improving my English written word. Back to basics.
I do enjoy writing.
As you can tell. Ha ha

Reactions: doolallylady

doolallylady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, hope it's a good day for everyone.

Thanks for all the hugs and good wishes, it went off as well as any funeral does and it was good to catch up with family & friends.

We are going away to West Wales for a few days and I haven't yet decided whether to take my laptop with me or not. It will be nice to be waited on and not have to do dishes :).

Will do better when I get my act into gear re posting.

Take care, Karen xxxxx

Reactions: Freema

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Morning all, hope it's a good day for everyone.

Thanks for all the hugs and good wishes, it went off as well as any funeral does and it was good to catch up with family & friends.

We are going away to West Wales for a few days and I haven't yet decided whether to take my laptop with me or not. It will be nice to be waited on and not have to do dishes :).

Will do better when I get my act into gear re posting.

Take care, Karen xxxxx
You know Karen I've been suffering with thrush again. I've come to the conclusion mainly when I'm stressed. Also only flares up when bgs are between 7.8-9.2 only. Strange what stress does to our bgs and bodies!
I'm really enjoying your posts. I'm pleased yesterday went well. Enjoy your break away. :)

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Scatica not as bad as last bout thankfully. Or is it because always on pain killers? Maybe.
Walking still awkward and painful in my right side of pelvis.
Back seems good with bending only painful once pain kicked off with walking. Walking is when the pain is unbareable at times.
Seeing gp next week as I prefer modern gp than gp who mumbles. (He is lovely but I have trouble listening to him).
I accept my gps diagnosis but I know there could be a resolution other than waiting and see if it clears itself.
I do wonder if the extra insulin I inject contributes to inflammation?
Never had any mobility problem til I returned to north-east to live or insulin without high levels of pregnancy hormones! Progesterone one especially.
I'm going to mention to gp as hormones still not perfect on metformin. Helps but not eliminating irratic periods nor excessive testosterone.
I saw an article recently stating sugar reduces testosterone. Maybe I need to eat sugar after all?!?!?! (I might experiment ;) ha ha )

Last edited:

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello all hope your sll well, had my hbc1a results today, it's 40mmol. 5.8%. Past few months included bit more fat & less carbs not that I ate much carbs, but my results show my cholestrol has gone up, so confused is LCHF helping cos cholestrol causes heart problems ect, gonna watch the fat more carefully not that I ate that much before, just occasionaly couple slices grilled bacon, ham sandwich or poached eggs, odd times little cream or small mayonnaise on salad, always had little meat cos it does have some benefits tho ate less meat past few months , confused, been very stressed past few months but would this effect me, know stress can be problem but not for cholestrol. Have good day everyone. Still 40mml/ 5.8% is quite good really, concise ring what I was last June!!!

Reactions: eddie1968

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Big hugs Vicky @ickihun hope you get things sorted soon
Well done @maureen5752 on your results that's great news as for cholesterol it's just a case of fine tuning your diet a little mine was like yours and I found an increase in oily fish and reducing the protein and fat intake a little helped get my cholesterol down into the 4's .
Keep up the good work Maureen you will get there

D

debrasue

NO FAIR!!!! Just tested prior to eating my kipper and blood sugar is 13.8. I have had nothing but a coffee with cream since 10pm last night
No bl00dy fair!
It sounds as if your liver doesn't approve of you fasting!
I haven't tried fasting personally, but from others' accounts of the experience I get the impression that it works best following a period of very low-carbing to deplete the liver's glycogen stores. That means that there is less glucose available to be dumped into one's system.
Having said that, I do agree that it's best to get some input from the DN as to the reasons why you're currently experiencing these high BG levels.
Stick with us, hun - you'll get there!
:)

Reactions: Liam1955

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Big hugs Vicky @ickihun hope you get things sorted soon
Well done @maureen5752 on your results that's great news as for cholesterol it's just a case of fine tuning your diet a little mine was like yours and I found an increase in oily fish and reducing the protein and fat intake a little helped get my cholesterol down into the 4's .
Keep up the good work Maureen you will get there
Hi thanks hope your well, my cholesterol is in the 4's, it was over 8 last June , but was in the low 3's 6 months ago so want to get in down again, my results are good but I know I could have done better but past few months been under lot of stress still am, in fact more so. Still seeing my daughter weekend so somat good to look forward to x

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@maureen5752 - Well Done on your HBA1C result of 40 = that puts you in the Normal range category.

Reactions: maureen5752

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Hi thanks hope your well, my cholesterol is in the 4's, it was over 8 last June , but was in the low 3's 6 months ago so want to get in down again, my results are good but I know I could have done better but past few months been under lot of stress still am, in fact more so. Still seeing my daughter weekend so somat good to look forward to x

Still have the rat problem Maureen ? I could pop round with the air rifle if you like .
You have a well deserved relaxing time with your daughter .
That's been one of the things I've learned since being diagnosed it's never easy keeping your levels under control they seam to have a mind of there own up and down all over the place

Reactions: Liam1955

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
It sounds as if your liver doesn't approve of you fasting!
I haven't tried fasting personally, but from others' accounts of the experience I get the impression that it works best following a period of very low-carbing to deplete the liver's glycogen stores. That means that there is less glucose available to be dumped into one's system.
Having said that, I do agree that it's best to get some input from the DN as to the reasons why you're currently experiencing these high BG levels.
Stick with us, hun - you'll get there!
:)
Thank you debrasue. You are all a great support team :)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@eldergarth - Ron when you have been to Maureens to kill the Rat! We have one here in York (nasty neighbour who's Homophobic) that needs shooting, can you oblige? :D William.