Scared ! What can I do?

chubbyhubby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi
I'm having real problems controlling my blood sugar levels had a bad patch a few weeks ago where my blood sugar level reached 26.4 (ouch !!!! I know) it’s been gradually coming down (15 now) but has levelled out a bit and doesn't seem to want to go any lower. Not actually feeling too bad at the moment, apart from the tiredness. I’ve never had any vision or feet problems from my diagnosis 4 years ago. However my B S is ,when normal still quite high ( between 9 and 11)
any advice is welcome.
I’m on 3x 800mg metformin a day 4 gliclazide 2 actos 1 ramipril 1 simvastatin
and I see the doc once a year when he asks me to go to hospital for blood tests and once a year to the optician for an eye test

TracyA

Dislikes
Liars and ignorant people.
Hi,I cant really comment as Im quite newly diagnosed,but the fact that your doc only sees you once a year is madness :( .My doctor likes to see me every 3 months just to see how Im doing and every 6 months for a thorough round of bloods and general well being etc.The nurse likes me to go to her every 4 weeks aswell.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
chubbyhubby
your medication cannot control you bg without your controlling your carb intake in some way. You have to decide for yourself what is best for you
You are currently taking a lot of medicine, so now change the carbs. It might be your choice to go low GI/GL, just reduce your portion sizes by half, or take the bull by the horns and go low carb. Ddo some research on each method and decide which might suit. Otherwise it's likely to be insulin.
Hana

kentishman

I concur what the others say.Pills alone will not bring down the BGs. It's diet and then more diet.Find out what raises your readings.Bread will, for sure. Small portions of potatoes,no cakes, sweets or biscuits. It is an uninteresting diet but it's a hell of a lot better than an ongoing high reading.

clearviews

Dislikes
Arrogance, sarcasm and liars
Ah! No, it is not, in my opinion uninteresting this LC diet. It is just very different. You have to think around the square and then--- the w0rld opens up!
Who would have thought?!

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
kentishman said:
It is an uninteresting diet

Can't believe you mean that kentishman - or is it just that you haven't got to grips with the cooking yet? :roll: