Perfect World Ice Cream

ChrisSamsDad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
UKIP, royalty, football, gin, goat's cheese.
This came up on my Facebook feed today from a relative
http://www.perfectworldicecream.co.uk

And for sale at Tesco too, so doesn't need to be ordered online or be forced to go into the world of misinformation and lies that is Holland & Barrett.

I just wish it wasn't pandering to nonsense with their 'gluten-free' and 'dairy-free' labels. I don't think many ice creams have wheat in them anyway.

Reactions: Prem51

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Just emailed them to ask for carb values etc.

Jasperville

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I really enjoy co-yo ice creams, but can only get in health food shops, not mainstream supermarkets. Delicious, and 6 or 7 grams of carbs per 100g. I agree perfect world is too high.

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Way too high!

ChrisSamsDad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thanks @ChrisSamsDad I'll look out for it and give it a try. Could do with something different from OPPO.

nottslass

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Make your own, perfect Cornish style, lots of double (or clotted) cream, cocoa, or other stuff like berries, then stick it in the freezer! Bob's your uncle!

rockape37

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Over the top political correctness
Love ice cream and so long as they are made with "Cow Juice" i always will.
Have to say that i have managed to keep Magnums in the freezer for quite awhile without any temptation. 4 magnums used to last me 3 or 4 days now its 1 to 2 weeks lol.

Regards

Martin

Moosepig

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes, people who think they know everything!
This came up on my Facebook feed today from a relative
http://www.perfectworldicecream.co.uk

And for sale at Tesco too, so doesn't need to be ordered online or be forced to go into the world of misinformation and lies that is Holland & Barrett.

I just wish it wasn't pandering to nonsense with their 'gluten-free' and 'dairy-free' labels. I don't think many ice creams have wheat in them anyway.
bit of a **** off to Holland & Barrett, surely a member of staff maybe, but I've found their dietary information to be accurate in the areas I've researched and I've personally found their staff to be very helpful. I buy my xylitol and coconut flour from them, even better when they have deals on. What have they done to put your nose out of joint, if you don't mind me asking?

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Make your own, perfect Cornish style, lots of double (or clotted) cream, cocoa, or other stuff like berries, then stick it in the freezer! Bob's your uncle!
Yum! Might just try that. Thanks! :)

Smotyn74

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks for the dairy free Gluten free nonsense think yourself lucky you don't have those issues to deal with as well as trying to be low carb... oh how I envy you. I have tried their carrot cake one bought from tesco and can honestly say it really wasnt for me despite loving carrot cake and ice cream but I like where they are coming from. You can buy the co yo ones in sainsburys.

rockape37

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Over the top political correctness
Thanks for the dairy free Gluten free nonsense think yourself lucky you don't have those issues to deal with as well as trying to be low carb... oh how I envy you. I have tried their carrot cake one bought from tesco and can honestly say it really wasnt for me despite loving carrot cake and ice cream but I like where they are coming from. You can buy the co yo ones in sainsburys.
Slightly off topic but definitely on the pudding table! You mentioned carrot cake and ice cream, now that would be a lovely thing put together in a pudding bowl.

Think i ought to change my username to "Sweet Tooth" lol

Regards

Martin

PosyPip

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I agree with @whatslass I would find it very difficult to give up ice cream, so I now make my own - very easy - two parts cream to one part full cream milk, low carb sweetener and flavouring (vanilla, berries etc).

Much cheaper than special ice cream and soooooo easy.

ChrisSamsDad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bit of a **** off to Holland & Barrett, surely a member of staff maybe, but I've found their dietary information to be accurate in the areas I've researched and I've personally found their staff to be very helpful. I buy my xylitol and coconut flour from them, even better when they have deals on. What have they done to put your nose out of joint, if you don't mind me asking?

They sell homeopathy, useless and unproven supplements and vitamins with all the usual unscientific claims for them. They perpetuate the whole 'detox' myth with a myriad of such products, and basically exploit people's gullibility by they use of a combination of pseudoscience, fear-mongering and appealing to the 'natural=good' fallacy.

They claim to give advice to people on their health, but simply aren't qualified. I hate them, they're quacks in the worse way.

Reactions: Struma