YIPPEEE!!!

Welshman1952

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On April 30th I was diagnosed T2 with HbA1c of 55. I was desolate. Well 6 months on and having listened to the advice on here I lost 4.5 stone. This afternoon I had my latest HbA1c result back and it's a brilliant 36!!!!! I am sooooo happy.

I just couldn't have done it without the support of my family and my wife in particular and of course all you good people. I just can't thank you guys, all of you, enough. I have my life back

I know I'm not cured, that I will always be diabetic but I can move forward now.

Boy it's going to be a fantastic weekend!

Reactions: Prem51

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
Absolutely brilliant news! Well done! What a great way to start your weekend!

KateA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Meat and now sugar and carbs!!!
Fantastic news!! Well done to you.

I am glowing a little today as well, my HbA1c result today was for the second time running outwith the diabetic range at 37.
Very little comment from the practice nurse, other than my bloods were excellent, when I wanted to hear I was excellent! I must admit I was waiting for her to say something like 'we' did it and she would have been told, "no, I did it"

I agree, this place is a great place to learn about our condition and help each other. Keep it up!

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Delighted for you, and glad your hard work and determination paid off, well done.

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Nothing springs to mind :)
On April 30th I was diagnosed T2 with HbA1c of 55. I was desolate. Well 6 months on and having listened to the advice on here I lost 4.5 stone. This afternoon I had my latest HbA1c result back and it's a brilliant 36!!!!! I am sooooo happy.

I just couldn't have done it without the support of my family and my wife in particular and of course all you good people. I just can't thank you guys, all of you, enough. I have my life back

I know I'm not cured, that I will always be diabetic but I can move forward now.

Good for you! I'm glad you are feeling better. At the end of the day there is only one person that does the really hard work and that is you... we just need a bit of guidance at times. Well done you! :)

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Thrilled for both of you. I assume this was LCHF diet; any exercise or fasting involved?

Welshman1952

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Mbaker no I didn't do any fasting and as far as exercise I have to be cautious. I have osteoarthritis in my right knee and anything strenuous causes havoc. However, I am a keen birder and photographer so I do walk a lot. When I go out with my camera kit and tripod it puts about 20 - 30 kg on my back and humping that around a reserve burns a lot of calories!!

As for LCHF well kind of, in the sense that I no longer eat pasta, bread, rice etc but as I am vegan I do eat lots of beans and pulses. I don't really count carbs but I do try to keep them low. Equally, I don't go OTT on the high fats as I also have problems with my HDLs. Instead I try to eat a healthy balance of "good" fats while keeping the "bad" fats down. I'm not sure how good I have been on this but I have certainly improved.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

Superb mate, well done!