Weekly weigh in - Fridays

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
This weeks weigh in gave me a drop of 1lb - really pleased it is moving again. Thank you for all that offered advice and acknowledged the post, I will be taking a look on the forum for idea's.

Trescoe1975

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Friday morning here and I weighed in at 102 kgs (16 st) down from 110kgs. As with blood sugar readings I can not determine a pattern that achieves my goals, but as both readings are going in the right direction, I think I will just accept it with grateful thanks. For the first time in many many years this week I had to punch another hole in my belt to keep my trousers up!

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
30/9 - Put on 2lbs since last Friday = now I am 13 stone exact. :(

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
don´t understand why but I have gained 0,5 kg so now 92kg.... even on 1000 calories most days when not training ...

maybe my muscles are swollen from training...

Reactions: Prem51

swarnag

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
weight 73 KG. I have gained 2KG over 4 weeks.Initially lost 10KG.

rainbow79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Weighed today 9st 8.2lbs so a loss of just under a pound, just 1.2lbs to go until I reach my target weight :couchpotato:

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@rainbow79 - Well Done. You will get there to your goal :).

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:0( That's annoying. I weigh daily and can see large variations in response to quite minor infringements of my low carb rules. Any idea what caused it?

If, by infringements you mean you've had a few extra carbs, I can have a stab at it. Many carbs carry water through our systems, to aid digestion and well,.......... onward transit. The opposite is part of the reason when we low carb, there's often an impressive amount of weight lost very quickly, hen it stabilises into a more usual pattern.

Another consideration could be, that on a given day, or the previous day you have plain old eaten a lot - even a mound of low calorie vegetables and to be as delicate as I can it's still going through the system.

I trimmed up and have maintained my weight for over 2 years now. In my routine, I step-on/step-off the scales every morning and although my core weight is rock solid I can go a couple of pounds/a kilo either way on that. I don't consider that range to be a real gain or loss of weight.

For women there can also be hormonal considerations. Our hormones can promote water retention at certain times of the menstrual cycle, just for an added irritation.

Just stick with it. Variations happen in everything in our lives.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I also weigh my self daily and of late my my weight seems to vary by a couple of pounds either way with the mean being around 11St 10Lb about what I weighed when I joined the RAF in 1969 so I think if I can maintain that I shall accept that maybe further weight loss is not in the cards.

Also as I still have to take prednisolone I do suffer from water retention and am on constant diuretics if I miss them a couple of days then the extra water retained does affect my weight.

So as has been said small variations on a day to day basis have to be expected and we should not be discouraged by this.

John

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
Week 03.10.2016
Weighed in on Sunday - No Change
Currently have lost a total of 4stone and 1lb -- I prefer the imperial weight - just below 26kg in total for metric

Weight loss has slowed down once again, my focus is more on blood sugars right now as they seem to have gone a bit off recently and so has my eating - doing better today so far thankfully. I ate wholemeal bread - two slices - yesterday - blood glucose levels went up to 11.6 - I was horrified! thankfully they did drop to 8.5 after 2hours and 30 mins.

Well enough from me - I wish you all a really good week!

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Well my first weight loss. (I posted earlier a 5lb loss but the next week it was there again!)
I am 99.4 kilos from 101.3.... so I make that just under 2k loss! Doing a happy dance!:)

Reactions: Liam1955 and Prem51

jonbvn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well my first weight loss. (I posted earlier a 5lb loss but the next week it was there again!)
I am 99.4 kilos from 101.3.... so I make that just under 2k loss! Doing a happy dance!:)

Well done. It is a move in the right direction and indicates that what you are doing is working.

Now keep on, keeping on!

Reactions: Liam1955 and Prem51

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Guys - I have no idea how good these might be, but they look great value. My scales have hand graps, which are alleged to increase the accuracy of the body composition measures, but I haven't made any comparisons for myself. My scales cost, erm,....... let's just leave it at more than these!

http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=37707

Apologies for being slightly off topic, so to ease my conscience and post my weight is pretty stable at 48kg, and had been for almost 2 years.

Good luck everyone.

Reactions: Liam1955

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone. I hope you don't mind me joining in. I started back on low carb on Monday . I've just weighed myself and my weight is the same. I will try again next Friday , before breakfast and a few less clothes. :)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Welcome @mo53 - pleased you have joined us :).

Reactions: ickihun