It works!

Smotyn74

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all you lovely people. If this isnt in the right place i apoligise. I just wanted to share my first milestone. I was diagnosed at the end of June with a Hba1c of 58 i was put on metformin 500mg once a day and today I got the results of my first three month Hba1c and I am down to 43! I was recommended here by my diabetic nurse and have been on the LCHF diet since diagnosis and I have lost 2 st 3 lbs plus reduced my cholesterol from 5.7 to 5. Yes it is tough but the results far outweigh the struggles with food. I am Gluten and Dairy intolerant and suffer with migraines. I have found chocolate to be a no no even in small amounts since changing to the low carb diet but I feel so much better in myself with many fewer migraines. I have gone very low carb as even small amounts cause me problems without exercise. The only thing I seem to get away with is porridge in the mornings. Hang in there you can do it and hoping for a similar result after the next test and will keep you posted if I get to the holy grail of diet controlled!

Snootybutnice

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done Smotyn74 - well deserved and really pleased for you :) many congrats x

Reactions: Prem51

DumfriesDik

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbs
Thats great news @Smotyn74. The 'side effects' of better diet control for diabetes are quite nice aren't they?!

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Great reductions in HbA1c and weight @Smotyn74, well done!:)
And well done to your DN for recommending this forum, it's a pity that all diabetics aren't advised to come here.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very well done, you should be proud of yourself, keep it up :)

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
Superb result, Smotyn74! I'm hoping for a similar result in November.

I'm also well chuffed that your DN sent you to the right place, and not the "Other" site.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent result! Well done.

I commiserate with you over the chocolate, and celebrate with you over the porridge (which I can't tolerate at all :( )