Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Propranolol can cause hyperglycaemia. And maybe the other non diabetic drugs are doing to. Check them out on Google and seek alternatives if need be.

Are you taking the Propranolol for your regulate your heartbeat?

A

asparagusp

It is known that beta blockers like Propranolol are bad news for diabetics. However not all cause hyperglycaemia. ACE inhibitors are better.

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Updated blood readings: 7.8 before my lunch. 9.5 one hr after a Lidl roll filled with ham. Wonder what the 2hr will be:)
The two hour reading was 10.9!!! I don't know what is going on.

Reactions: Liam1955
A

asparagusp

You peak around two hours after so that reading although a little high is to be expected. I hope that Lidl roll was wholemeal which is slow release carbohydrate and really you should avoid eating ham. It's full of carcegenic ingredients. Eat chicken breast instead, preferably cooked by yourself.

Reactions: Liam1955

BeadieJay

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are you taking the Propranolol for your regulate your heartbeat?
I'm taking Propranolol for anxiety. I could probably stop taking it, but want to talk to my GP first. Got an appointment for 18th October.

AnnMcD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.9 This morning. I'm on Glucophage 500mg at the moment but when i was first diagnosed in April this year when I had to buy my meds I was taking Metformin Teva. So now I've asked the chemist for Metformin again instead of glucophage as i was getting better readings of 5.6/6.0 or a little higher. Chemist kinda p*ssed me off because he says he doesn't think it will make any difference. Now I REALLY want to prove him wrong. Hopefully I'm not talking out my hat!

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm taking Propranolol for anxiety. I could probably stop taking it, but want to talk to my GP first. Got an appointment for 18th October.

I am taking the same medication for anxiety too, a small dosage twice a day to help my fast heartbeat when I get anxious. I stopped taking it when I ran out of the medication and my anxiety returned, so am now taking it again. Doctor said if my heartbeat is too fast, it can lead to a heart attack.

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
You peak around two hours after so that reading although a little high is to be expected. I hope that Lidl roll was wholemeal which is slow release carbohydrate and really you should avoid eating ham. It's full of carcegenic ingredients. Eat chicken breast instead, preferably cooked by yourself.
I like ham!

A

asparagusp

I do too and little bit of what you fancy doesn't do you harm!

In case it was missed earlier - "It is known that beta blockers like Propranolol are bad news for diabetics. However not all cause hyperglycemia. ACE inhibitors are better."

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I do too and little bit of what you fancy doesn't do you harm!

In case it was missed earlier - "It is known that beta blockers like Propranolol are bad news for diabetics. However not all cause hyperglycemia. ACE inhibitors are better."
I am not sure why you have put that asparagusp. Is it directed to me? If you QUOTE the information from the person you intended to receive it, it would avoid confusion :)

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
7.1 @ 1hr !!! It had better not go up beyond this in the morning or I will be kicking and stamping!! :)

BeadieJay

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am taking the same medication for anxiety too, a small dosage twice a day to help my fast heartbeat when I get anxious. I stopped taking it when I ran out of the medication and my anxiety returned, so am now taking it again. Doctor said if my heartbeat is too fast, it can lead to a heart attack.

Wow, didn't know that :'( My last Doctor said to me recently "do you still need to take these", talking about the propranolol, but this was during a whole load of medical tests to see why I was anaemic and I just carried on taking them. Then my new doctor said that I could take a 3rd pill during the day if I felt especially anxious. So.....I don't know who to believe! I'm at a new surgery, and my next appointment is with a GP who has experience with diabetes, so I'm hoping he'll know more than the other two!