How much weight have YOU lost?

BeadieJay

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Got weighed today and have lost another 1.9kg/4 pounds in 2 weeks. That makes a total of 10kg/22 pounds since May 2016, which is when I started dieting. I'm glad I'm losing slowly, as I'm hoping it will stay off this way.

My main problem is that I've been so overweight for so many years, that I have no clothes that are a smaller size. My trousers, especially, are getting too big for me - I've always liked baggy tops, so not such a problem, but am trying to decide when to buy some new trousers to get me through the winter (never, ever thought I'd have this as a problem lol) :happy:

Reactions: Prem51

Scouser58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hello Beadiejay,,,,congratulations on your continued success,,,and yes deciding to buy new things is a tough one,,,as it is winter, then I think an investment in new trousers is vital,,warmth and comfort are so important,,,,search for a bargain.

I have not been on the scales since my last post,,,,I don't want to wear them out!!!
My bum is not the right shape for trousers,,,so for now I will give them a miss,,, one day I just might try them again,,,,keep up the good work,,ttfn from Karen.

jonbvn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
8kg lost in exactly a month with LCHF, IF and exercise. My energy levels are just so much higher.

I am no longer a beer swilling lazy b#gger. It seems that my health has become my new hobby.

Scouser58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Hello jonbvn,,,,,many congratulations on your great success,,,,,and giving up the beer,,,man's basic food of life,,,, keep up the good work,,,,,and get to your goal,,,,ttfn from Karen/

Neohdiver

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
74 lbs since a year ago yesterday (the day I was diagnosed with T2 diabetes and Hashimoto's thyroiditis . . . my cancer diagnosis came later in my disastrous 59th year).

60 last Monday, and feeling better than I have in a long time!

Scouser58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Hello Neohdiver,,,, firstly sorry to hear that you have been hit for double top with so many conditions all in one year,,,,,,be brave you will get the upper hand and get in control,,,,now the success in your fantastic weight loss,,,,what a big total to have to your credit,,,,over 5 stones off,,,what a big change to your life,,,congratulations,,,keep going, you will get to where you want to be,,,ttfn from Karen.

Judlepip

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Wow well done Neohdiver and congratulations on the big 0!!

carol43

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I use double cream, bring almost to the boil, turn off the heat and mix in the cheese and add paprika.

Reactions: Judlepip

Judlepip

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Ooh thanks Carol. I'll try that. Sounds delish! How much cream (and no milk, just cream)?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For caulicheese, I just boil the cauli, drain it, stir in a bit of cream cheese, scatter with grated cheddar, and grill til top is crusty.

(actually, I often skip the grill step and just stir all the cheese in together, and serve immediately. Cauli in cheese sauce)

You can mess around with all sorts of different cheeses including smoked and blue, parmesan, cream cheese, double cream, and so on, plus using mustard powder, paprika, even pesto.

:)

Judlepip

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Sounds good! Thanks - I've lots of ideas now and will have to see which works best for me.

rainbow79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all, I have lost 9st 12lbs (63kg) in 18 months now weigh 8st 13lbs. Was diagnosed T2 diabetic in July 15 and through loosing the weight reversed my diabetes in 3 months, last HbA1c from November 16 was 31 :)

D

Deleted member 308541

I have lost 8 Kgs since September last year, 98 to 90 on a mlchf diet, now the trick is not to lose any more. :D

Hotpepper20000

Hello all, I have lost 9st 12lbs (63kg) in 18 months now weigh 8st 13lbs. Was diagnosed T2 diabetic in July 15 and through loosing the weight reversed my diabetes in 3 months, last HbA1c from November 16 was 31 :)
That's a whole person of weight you lost.
Fantastic. You must feel incredible.
Congratulations!!

Judlepip

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Well done to all you fantastic losers! I've only just started last week, but I've already lost 7lbs!

rainbow79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's a whole person of weight you lost.
Fantastic. You must feel incredible.
Congratulations!!

Thank you :) I do feel so much better for loosing the weight, have so much energy and feel healthy, being diagnosed diabetic was the kick I needed to change my lifestyle and diet and for that I am very grateful. This forum is amazing and has helped so much keeping me focused and determined to keep going, thank you everyone

Inchindown

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I've now lost 6.4 kg since I was diagnosed at the beginning of December.

Still got about 23 kg to go to get to a healthy weight.

I'm working on 100 g of carbs and 1800 calories per day. I hope I can keep this rate of weight loss up.

Pat_C

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all, Diagnosed T2 mid December 2015. On January 15, 2016 I weighed in at 255 lbs. and decided that the Dr. recommendation of Diet and Exercise was the best way for me to go. January 13, 2017 I am at 203 lbs. and determined to get down to 185. I was 185 at 18 yrs. old and hit 70 last bd.
Pat in cold Canada