Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning, 4.9 yesterday and 5.0 on Monday..............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Reactions: Tim55

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
14.0 this morning. Feeling a wee bit shaky we will see what occurs! :)

Reactions: Tim55 and Prem51
A

asparagusp

Ellagy please please go seek medical help. You are not eating enough I feel but your blood sugars are high.

A

asparagusp

Hi everyone... about your fasting levels, are you all taking medication? I'm type 2, diet alone and I get the same fasting levels as most of you, between 5 and 5,7mmol , so this is a normal glucose reading for fasting, I wasn't too sure as I heard at 5.7 I should be on medication. I am not overweight...should I be taken medication? My post meal readings usually rise to about 8mmol. I am low carb and no sugar. Thank you

These readings sound fine to me but if they creep up then yes. However do speak to the medics if you have any concerns.

Reactions: Prem51 and Liam1955

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
4.9 this morning. My 9.0 seems to be a thing of the past thankfully (and the cold seems to have cleared up). I must admit that my last meal of the day tends to be protein rather than any large carbs so maybe this helps too to keep my levels down in the morning.

Chris Thailand

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, just like mine! How are your post breakfast readings? Mine have been well in the range. 6.6 just now!

I've only taken one post-breakfast reading in the last week as I'm just leaving a period of intensive self-testing and have only been eating meals that testing has shown to be acceptable. That said, the post-breakfast test two hours after a hearty meal of ham, fried egg and reduced sugar (whatever that means) baked beans was a very acceptable 5.3 following the fasting level of 4.2.
Sorry everyone for the lengthy and off-topic reply. I just get excited when people want to talk to me!

Reactions: Prem51

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
5.7 at 08:30 this morning

Very happy with this, taken me around about a year to get readings this low :happy:

A

asparagusp

I'd be ecstatic after that 5.3 reading! Just think what it would have been if you had not had the baked beans!

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Ellagy please please go seek medical help. You are not eating enough I feel but your blood sugars are high.
@asparagusp I do eat quite a bit. Today I have had a whole Lidl roll and 1 oz Edam for my breakfast. Not yet had lunch so have not taken my BS, Thank you for worrying about me:)

Reactions: Liam1955

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Glad to report a 5.1 this morning. Had Singapore Laksa with shrimps, tofu and some vegetable for dinner last night. The key is to have only a small portion of the noodles. A good day to one and all.

D

debrasue

Hi everyone... about your fasting levels, are you all taking medication? I'm type 2, diet alone and I get the same fasting levels as most of you, between 5 and 5,7mmol , so this is a normal glucose reading for fasting, I wasn't too sure as I heard at 5.7 I should be on medication. I am not overweight...should I be taken medication? My post meal readings usually rise to about 8mmol. I am low carb and no sugar. Thank you
Hi, Sue!
I don't take any medication and my BG readings are pretty much the same as yours. I've not heard that medication is called for at 5.7, but the best person to advise you on this is your diabetic nurse.
You also might find this thread interesting: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/normal-is-no-longer-normal.109020/
I hope this helps!
:)

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, Sue!
I don't take any medication and my BG readings are pretty much the same as yours. I've not heard that medication is called for at 5.7, but the best person to advise you on this is your diabetic nurse.
You also might find this thread interesting: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/normal-is-no-longer-normal.109020/
I hope this helps!
:)

Hi there, I am on Metformin and pretty good on my diet staying away from bad carbs like pastries, cakes, doughnuts, desserts, chocolates and anything sweet except on special occasions. My fasting blood is same as yours.